Well decided it was time for a new helmet. Mine have reached the 5 years old limit, the Box ones have been nice, the flip face ones a pain, but they did have pinlock visors.

Got the Sharp site up and had a look. Then had a look online. KWFM in Bristol were selling Duchinni 429 helmets, brand new and boxed, for £20. Delivered! So we ordered one at just gone 5pm, paid via Paypal and waited...

Got an update to say the courier had collected it at 8pm! As in what the heck?

Further examination of tracking number showed that it was out for next day delivery. Seriously!

Before mid day the helmet was in my possession and proudly bearing it's ACU gold sticker! Ooh! Nifty.

Examination showed no damage and the helmet was brand new, boxed, just old stock. Helmets only age from when you wear them and they get your sweat, grime and UV from the sun. So £20 later and I have a helmet with a drop down sun visor, that has an ACU gold label and fits nicely to my noggin! Not unhappy!

Careful examination of the label on the box shows that KWFM seems to be an offshoot of Fowlers of Bristol, some johnny come lately to the motorcycle scene who have been trading since 1926AD, not 26 minutes past 7 the night before. So all happy!

Result!

How's the fit? I used to get helmets online, but I've gone off the idea now. I never as happy with the fit as when I choose one in a store.

• 3 months later...

Sorry about the delay in replying, I have been riding my bike :D

The fit is excellent, but I know I have a big head so the largest helmet usually fits it. damned handy having the drop down visor, bit Top Gun that!