So following on from a previous thread I'm a little step closer. I'm booked in for my CBT a week on Saturday. Missed out on a spot today by literally minutes, so I was pretty gutted on Thursday :cry: Two weeks seems a heck of a long time to wait :lol:

Anyway the Cg125 is mine if I want it (which I do). So now i'm looking at gear, helmet, clothing etc. Would the Black range be a good starting point at budget gear?? Just need something to get me started really.

Thanks all.

Excellent news! Hope you enjoy it.

For first gear, if you have a J&S accessories pay them a visit and try on loads of stuff. So long as it has CE certification for Motorcycles then it is the fit that counts. The more you pay for kit, the more "technical" it gets.

You can also get loads of kit from eBay and Gumtree if you are a regular sort of size ( I got a lot of mine there). They only thing I would say that has to be bought new would be your helmet. You don't know how a 2nd hand one has been used/abused or dropped. Again, the fit is crucial with helmets to pop into some bike shops and try them all on.

Have fun on your cbt.

The black range seems well made. It's owned by ghostbikes.com which are local to me so I've had my mits on them. The sizes seem small though so you would be best to try it on.

I can recommend the Viper bluetooth helmet for a cheap comfortable first helmet.

Have fun on your cbt.

The black range seems well made. It's owned by ghostbikes.com which are local to me so I've had my mits on them. The sizes seem small though so you would be best to try it on.

I can recommend the Viper bluetooth helmet for a cheap comfortable first helmet.

Just had a quick search and the helmet comes up as £160. is that the sort of price im looking at or have i chosen the wrong model?

Also i was thinking about a flip front style, i wear glasses so thought it might be more practical

To be honest, best advice for helmets is find a shop that have a nice wide range and just ask the guys working there to help "Fit" you.. :D

I've found that AGVs come up a little big on me and apply a bit of pressure to the forehead where as Shoeis seem to apply more pressure to the ears so I get slight ear ache after 4+ Hours with the helmet on.

My point it that each manufacturer has their own styles and "Standard" shapes, so go and find a GOOD fit before anything else.. It's arguable your most important bit of kit, so make sure you get it right.. :thumb:

Good luck with the CBT! :yay:

Have fun on your cbt.

Just had a quick search and the helmet comes up as £160. is that the sort of price im looking at or have i chosen the wrong model?

Also i was thinking about a flip front style, i wear glasses so thought it might be more practical

I paid £135 and it is a flip front.

But tsurugi-ijin gives the best advice. I spent hours trying different helmets on as I found a lot put uncomfortable pressure on my chin (I'm like Jimmy Hill). So get yourself to a shop with a decent range and try loads on. I found J&S accessories to be the best where I live for having a big range with different sizes. But once I found the helmet I then bought it elsewhere for £30 less.

If Aldi have any gear left the boots and gloves are decent for the price! Also as previously mentioned eBay is great for bargains. I got some Weise bottoms that are waterproof , nice and thick and armoured for quite cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk