License categories for provisional

When I check my driving license online is states the following in the section 'Vehicles you can provisionally drive':

You can drive a motorcycle of a power exceeding 35kW or with a power to weight ratio exceeding 0.2kW per kg, or A motorcycle of a power not exceeding 35kW with a power to weight ratio not exceeding 0.2kW per kg and derived from a vehicle of more than double its power. A motor tricycle with a power exceeding 15kW.

I was under the impression that even after completing a CBT I am still only able to ride a bike of upto 125cc on L plates but this has me confused as I'm reading it as I can ride what I like on L plates after I complete my CBT.

Does anyone else have a clearer understanding?

Way I understand it, on a full car licence you can ride a 50cc without L plates and a 125cc with L plates until you have done your full bike test.

I could be wrong about the 50cc stuff but the 125cc stuff is right.

Do your CBT, get a 125 on L plates or do your theory test and do a course to gain your full licence.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When I check my driving license online is states the following in the section 'Vehicles you can provisionally drive':

this means you have to be under instruction

if you passed your driving test before feb 2001 you can ride a moped without L plates as you will have a full moped licence

a moped is a bike that is 50cc with a max speed of 50kph

Thanks guys that's kinda what I thought but wanted to check, CBT is booked so will decide after that whether to get a 125cc or just do DAS course and get a bigger bike after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk