Helmet/bike camera

On my rather long list of things I need this is rather high, tyres sorted thanks to Hoggs nd Co but feel rather exposed with out a camera. I also dont want my pants pulled down on the price. But heres what im looking for, I do understand this stuff is not cheap so just recomend I will sort out price later. Thanks.

Half decent night/low light vison

Good battery life say (1H 30 min plus)

Auto save in a crash would be nice

Speed and GPS would also be nice (Well perhaps not the speed :angel12: )

Weather proof is a must.

Meh on helmet mounting but would freek my mum out so :thumb:

Look at the drift cameras. They do 3 hour battery, weather proof or an access hatch and you set it to loop record the last 10 minutes. You can get them for a reasonable price.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

don't buy anything from JooVuu. Currently fighting to get my money back after the camera they sold failed within 8 months.

Drift are nice, Contour and GoPro are standards to. You can get cheap ones and you might be lucky and get an alright one :) luck of the draw.

Sjcams are the best of the budget ones. I've had no issues with mine, comes with waterproof case and loads of attachments. Additional batteries are cheap as chips but only last about 1.5hrs. Does auto loop not sure if has auto save but I think even if you crashed coming out the driveway the battery would die before my sd card filled up....

I adore my gopro, though she's a bit old now! :D

If nothing else, the mounts that come with them are Brilliant, I have never worried about my cam falling off..

The drift looping does sound very useful though, not entirely sure if GoPros have the capability for this..

Edit:

After a quick google, it turns out that yes, GoPros can loop! :mrgreen: So thanks Mr_W, I had never even thought about doing this while out on the bike x

I don't bloody use that feature I just know it's there. Working in IT you learn as much as you can at the start in case a question occurs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've got an Innovv C3 on my bike. The camera unit is connected to the control/recording unit by a flexible cable......so the camera can be mounted discretely on the bike with the controller tucked away. The camera unit is waterproof but the controller isn't. .....but the controller can be tucked away out of the rain........ It can be hardwired in to the bike, so that it starts recording when you start the bike and stops when you kill the ignition.......can also do loop recording.......http://www.minidvcameras.co.uk/product/innovv-c3-action-camera-1080p-mini-dvr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IMG_20150516_151539.thumb.jpg.f5227892e3656d622cb775f2779a99cc.jpg

Camera unit mounted between the headlights, under the nose fairing

IMG_20150516_151734.thumb.jpg.29a663e0aab2d9e2db6f0cde4f593b4a.jpg

Controller unit on top of clocks behind nose fairing

I've got an Innovv C3 on my bike. The camera unit is connected to the control/recording unit by a flexible cable......so the camera can be mounted discretely on the bike with the controller tucked away. The camera unit is waterproof but the controller isn't. .....but the controller can be tucked away out of the rain........ It can be hardwired in to the bike, so that it starts recording when you start the bike and stops when you kill the ignition.......can also do loop recording.......http://www.minidvcameras.co.uk/product/innovv-c3-action-camera-1080p-mini-dvr/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like that a lot!