Backpack for laptop

Hi all,

I'm looking for a new backpack for carrying around my laptop securely and safely and it would be used both on and off the bike.

I've never bought one that is suitable for using whilst riding before so looking for any recommendations, I've seen reviews about Kriega bags before but not sure if they have a special compartment and straps to securely transport a laptop?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the cheapest option.. its a fairly niche product.

but.. look at OGIO mach (1-5) series. if you can stand the hugely annoying Anthony.. he does a fairly in depth review

">

I have the mach 5 and although its not been used to carry a lap top.. its definitely made for that. I used it for my iPad on tour.. as well as other bits and pieces, like a spare visor. The kinds of items i wouldnt want to carry in a soft rucksack. i found it very comfy to wear.. to the point it 'vanished'.

In addition I've just been watching this review

">

It makes both the Kriega and Ogio sound good but worries me his comments about the flimsy zips and straps, what is your take on that Shorty as a user of the Ogio bag?

I never gave the zips much thought.. I would think because he has both bags to compare then the differences are obvious to him.. but its not something that worried me. They are what you would expect in a rucksack.. not exactly heavy duty... but certainly not as flimsy as he is implying.

the zips to open the bag.. are kinda within the back.. so yes, you must take it off to open them.. there is zero access with the bag being worn. and zero chance of anything flying out and getting lost. I think that kinda helps with waterproofing.. the hard shell is water tight.. and the zips are hidden away. ive not actually worn it in heavy rain.. so i cant actually state how it copes. bear in mind I bought this specifically for a tour... to use effectively as extra 'pockets' things i needed access to that i was comfortable carrying.. without any need to go digging in the top box. and wanted with me all the time. I wore it very low on my back.. so it was to an extent actually sitting on the seat.

I dont use it every day.. in fact i use it fairly rarely. but its good to have and i will probably need it for next years trip to the Alps.

looks to me that they're both a good choice... go with your gut feeling.

Have you considered putting your laptop in a briefcase on your thighs and then using your stomach to pin it against the tank as you're riding? I saw someone doing that through Harrogate last week and thought it looked fine. :lol:

Have you considered putting your laptop in a briefcase on your thighs and then using your stomach to pin it against the tank as you're riding? I saw someone doing that through Harrogate last week and thought it looked fine. :lol:

I'm not sure my skills are up to that just yet [emoji23][emoji23]

I have Alpinestar tech aero. You will not feel any weight it's so fantastically design and its also waterproof. Yes there is a compartment for a full size laptop and other stuff. Loads of space inside and out for a spare lid too. On the straps little pockets for keys, mp3, mobile phone etc 10/10 :thumb:

This one seems to be on offer...

http://www.icasque.co.uk/Motorcycle-Gear/Accessories/Motorcycle-Backpacks/Tech-Aero-Black-White/?gclid=CLL23aD_rdACFUHGGwodTvIPgA