invading the northern territoires - Sunday 8th July

Guest Borile

Guest akey

I'm with vicki, if you are heading up to matlock bath you cant go wrong just head out and you will find great roads if you are looking for something special let me know and I can advise even if I am not there but for example:

Food: matlock bath, bakewell, matlock, alfreton, Clay Cross, chesterfield

Roads: all over the area

Challenging roads: cat and fiddle, plus a few others in the high peaks

Bike shops: Clay cross, alfreton, chesterfield, bakewell

think thats about is really! :lol:

right ive made arrangements for the 8th of next month, so if people are free then it would be a nice chance to meet you lot :D

Guest akey

looks like I may not be there, as I am racing C90s on the 7th but if you want any details of roads or eating places etc let me know and I can post on here for you.

Might be back in time from the C90 thing to meet some of you anyway will just have to wait and see :lol:

that would be good, what might be a good idea, is to post up a rough plan of action, so people could always meet up at different points

right ive made arrangements for the 8th of next month, so if people are free then it would be a nice chance to meet you lot :D

How long you coming for?

If its just the day.....what time you setting off.....what time you think you will be in the Nottingham/Matlock areas?

You could meet the Nottingham people and ride up to Matlock Bath with them, and the Northern lot could arrange a meeting point and ride down.

Need someone from Matlock area or at least who knows the road round there, so we aint dithering about.

Viks :D

Mainly for East Mids peeps......

Borile, which way are you travelling up?

If your coming up M1, or near the M1, Donington services just off J24 would be a handy place to meet up.

Good for anyone off M1 and easy access from Nottingham via A453.

Failing that, there is Junction 25 or Junction 26, again, both easy to get to from notts, and both with an obvious, and good, route to Matlock.

I'm fairly certain I can make this, but am away the week before so won't be able to catch up on this thread till Friday night / Saturday 7th

If there's a definate meeting point / time arranged by then, just make sure its easy for me to spot it on the thread :lol: :lol:

right, ill already be in the mansfeild area, so i was thinking that somewhere like matlock, bakewell area is an ok place to meet, we could do a motorway services, if people wanted

it will be an all day event, as basically i need to be home before about 11pm,

i was thining about using matlock as a more central area for all of those around there, as it seems well known,

right im off down pub :cheers:

Snoopy, when details are finalised, i will stick up a thread on its own so people dont have to trawl through all this.

What we need is a list of people who are gonna go, where theyre going from etc.

Could meet in Matlock 11/12noon have fish n chips and an icecream and go from there?

Will have a proper look through the thread and maybe start another with a poll, just to see who is coming and from where, and with final plan.

Will look tomoro :D

Could meet in Matlock 11/12noon have fish n chips and an icecream and go from there?

fish n chips and ice cream? hmmm, that sounds almost tasty! hehehe :lol:

If you want to make a meet at Matlock where everyone can meet up and park near each other you may be best meeting at Matlock motorcycles

Is it near the chip shop lol...... do you have a map?

Hi Snoopy matlock M/C is all but shut now, there's still the cafe at the side but its a bit out from Matlock Bath where all the foooood and bikes are. Suggest the best meeting place is the carpark Matlock bath pavillion and mining museum on the brow of the hill normally there's plenty of parking for the bikes and for Vicky more ice cream and chip shops than you can shake a stick at.

http://www.cressbrook.co.uk/visits/leadmus.php

http://www.derbyshireuk.net/matlock.html

If you look at the links there's a photo of the building you carn't miss it.

Hope the weather's fine for this. Its just a skip and a jump for us in Notts to get there, birthday weekend for me so don't know whats planed but will try and cut loose and take the ride if poss.