Random survey question- about custom build

painkiller

In town, long story short guy nudged my ninja trying get his wheels in a tight space on a bike locking area as its one of the only safe lockup points. Scared sh*tless by a 120db alarm and rushed to get his bike in before it rotates again and alarm activates (30 sec rotation) as people gathering to see the loud noise potential thief as i said safe place. My alarm called me with an alert, like a champ he stayed there not ran like a little girl. Explaining my alarm system as he was no thief but the alarm will set off if you clip a mirror gently or lay a hand on the bike anywhere. Longer story short brought a new bike and like the alarm asked how much to build him one, this is the question I can not answer as I go low price to please people when selling items. What would be fair for this?

120db alarm with variable modes (silent, pedestrian, loud and omg i'm deaf) - silent is 3 nudge ring owner no alarm sound, pedestrian is about 80db for pass by

X-Y-Z axis mercury triggers

main battery + backup li-ion, can be charged on or off bike, about 15 days life unless screaming. NO fixtures to bike battery, self contained

Solid case that can really take a beating, tested by water, 12lb hammer, parking my car on it, sand, hand held grinder barely a dent

Guts fully protected against elements

Bluetooth and dialling activation and alerts to user mobile phone

Self centring mode (for changes from centre, kick and paddock stands)

Once fixed can not be removed easily, requires a code and key to release it from the fixed base. A bit more than that but attempt to remove you will break any plastics or if in the tail, it will rip off the entire tail before you get it off not to mention more than likely get beaten like an egg by passing bikers hearing alarm.

Transponder GPS chip

Build cost is around 150 + extra's like gps and sim

What is about fair? incl time and labour

How long does I take to build. And how much you value your time at.

Do you want to do it as a hobby and a bit of pin money or as a realistic venture and recommence for your expertise.

Minimum wage is £7.50 per hour so start from there and so how it pans out.

At the end of the day it is your call and if it is something that you enjoy doing as a hobby it's whatever you feel comfortable with.

I'm no help am i :lol:

that does help. Its more ensuring safety than anything else I hate thieves and paranoia has its use's. I in now way able to make more than 1 a week commitments and all. I could make it a kit for more advanced electronics nerds with instructions lol. I never thought I would be asked for one, I only made mine because it was more thief friendly than what I had and housing did not like the idea somewhat of a injury of a thief.

Take a look at the price of similar systems and match the price, but offer an "early bird discount" to your beta testers.

If you have a good product, consider a kick-starter campaign to raise the funds to get it into production.