cagiva mito evo 125 problems

carlb

I have a cagiva mito evo 125 and its had a new engine put into it but this new cagiva engine has 6 wires which are 3 black coming from the stator, 1 red 1 black 1 brown coming from the pick up coil and the bike its self has 2 yellow and 2 red and black.

What i want to know is which wire goes to which so i can get a spark cause everything ive tried is not working.

The bike has also had a new ignition coil and new spark plug and still cant get no spark.

Thanks.

I bought the engine with the bike so not sure what year the engine actually is, ive tried to look up about it but everything that comes up is to the wire diagram of the bike not the engine wires i have.

Thanks

Hi , could be you have the Mito SP 525 "Racing" engine in there,the evo as you probably can see has only 4 wires from the alternator, was the bike running when you got it, try looking here :thumb:

http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103011

[attachment=1]mito racing.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]mito racing2.JPG[/attachment]

Hi carib,might be easier to get an Evo engine if possible, or maybe a Racing loom to fit, as your loom is an Evo by the looks of it, but go to the dedicated Forum that I sent you ,they will have more experience in this field, here is the Evo/Racing manual for you to look at you will see the differences :thumb:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws8nsnqpakuvd0g/340_cagiva-mito-ev-mito-racing-95-service-manual-eng-ita-by-mosue.pdf?dl=1

No I think he brought it thinking it will work straight away it's doing my head in because everything else works don't think he knew what he was doing I have the old engine but there's plenty missing from it and it's in 2 halfs could need loads off money put on it so I'll leave that as spares :lol: