NSR 125 Electrics

Guest Will2

Ive got an NSR 125 92 alcast model which has been an on off project for more than a year now. The problem is when I turn the ignition on theres no lights, no indicators and wont turn over the only thing that works is the horn but its really quiet. Ive tried changing the regulator rectifier but it didnt change anything, any ideas?

Investing in an optimate is a gud idea if it's not having regular runs out. I used to have electrical problems with my TZR all the time until we got one of these. Never had a problem afterwards.

X Will X

Battery is brand new, have also checked its charged on my charger

Guess it's a process of illimination then hun...fusses, checking all the connections.etc....

Next thing I'd try then is turn on the ignition, turn your lights on and start wiggling all the wires especially where they exit your ignition barrel, hopefully you'll get lucky and find a dodgy wire. If that doesn't work then my next step would be an auto-electrician.

It sounds to me like you have a poor earth connection.

Follow the big black wire from the battery and it goes to the engine casing.

It also splits to earth the frame etc.

Check all connections are good. If it is a project you will probably find dirt under one of the connections.

Dont just wiggle it, remove, clean and reassemble.

Good luck.