Wtf moment

Grizzly

I thought I’d already posted this, so if it turns up twice I apologise.

You could take some markers with you to the car park and have a go at slalom and figure of eight. Once you’ve mastered that you’ll know you have the control to put the bike where you want it on the road. It’s a nice little confidence booster! Especially if you bear in mind it’s harder to do that on a 125

The official figures are 4.5metres between cones for slalom and 6m for figure of eight. If you make yours slightly smaller than that you’ll find it easy peasy when you decide to take your test.

I started off using these, they are light and easy to carry. Don’t forget the tape measure. I was laughably bad to begin with.

https://www.sportsdirect.com/sondico-space-marker-6-pack-840125?colcode=84012599

Then when I know longer felt I was a complete embarrassment I moved into the yard and used surveyors spray paint, it’s like normal spray paint but wears off. That way you can have a little go every time you go out. Mind you finding somewhere who will let you spray their yard might prove tricky!

Cheers all- there’s a small car park about 20m away that I have been totally unaware of- it’s gated but the gate is never locked and it’s used by a cbt school, literally drove past just now and saw them in there, I’ll pop in and see the instructor, it’s private property by the looks of things but would like to get permission to set some cones up in there and have a few hours practice- looks absolutely perfect to me

Spoke to the instructor and as I guessed it is private property- he has no issues with me being there when he is as long as

A) I have the dB killer in the exhaust

B) I don’t interfere with his class or students in a negative way

C) I don’t act like a tossed

If I want to use it any other time when there’s no cbt running I’ll have to take my own cones and get permission from the ground owner, explaining my intent

I agree with the cones, I bought some so I could teach my mrs to ride and every time she gets good at the figure of 8 and slalom I move the cones continually until it becomes impossible. Practice makes perfect pal just stick at it, I had a WR125 as my first road bike they are a cracking bike to learn on.