Chain lube - wot to use

Guest chuck

what to use?

engine oil, just wiped on with a clean rag, then finish off with a wax spray too, don't know why, however, I expect I'll shortly get told lots of reasons why I shouldn't use both :?

how often?

ummm, depends how much you use it, I'll normally do it a couple of days ahead if I know I'm going out for a long run, but if it's just a quick blast or an unplanned trip, well, then it don't get done!

HhAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAHAHAhahahahaha !

Serves you right :wink: I had mine fitted at dealers and wondered what Neil was on about ............... easy to fit :? :lol:

It doesn't look that easy to me :wink:

Dealers are for peeps with more money than sense :P

and that are crap with anything mechanical or not arsed with getting their hands dirty :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

snoppy

oil then wax is good the wax helps to keep the oil in :thumb:

Oil then wax :?: :?: Isn't that was Drew uses on his hair when is goes on the pull :roll:

Edited by Anonymous

l always try and lube up the chain after a long ride when the chain is still warm, l don't use a cleaner and reading through one of the links attached below gave some alarming reading as to why not to use W.D.40 on a bike chain, well worth a read that.

Even when l had a right good dirty day out off roading with the Gas Gas all l do is jet wash the bike down and relube the chain, its been on for 2 years now and still looks fine. At the mo l am using Kal Gard racing spec clear chain kote with P.T.F.E does what it say's on the can

http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/motorcyc ... a/lube.htm

• 1 month later...

Stu-m is right

WAXOYL -chains last longer-soak new ones in it and brush- into your fitted ones-this is by far the best -forget about all the fancy stuff :cheers: