What to do with a bike you don't need?

ApolloMozart

Let me take a few pictures of the thing and then you can have a look and tell me how much it's worth.

It's in Watford, Hertfordshire.

And it has a bag! Where you can, conveniently, keep the rain cover!

Perhaps the owner wants to do something special with the bike.

It would be great if unwanted bikes could be given to deserving people who would cherish them.

I know it sounds daft, but I know someone who rode superbikes for most of her life - then had to sell her last bike when money was short. This left her without the money to buy a new one, but she could just about afford to run one.

There are lots of reasons people have an unwanted bike - and might like to find a good home for it. I have a Suzuki XN85 - not the most expensive 1983 bike, but after looking after it and enjoying it for many years what should I plan for it's future when I peg out? I dont want it sold off to someone who would trash it in a day or two.

Some people may have unfortunate experiences that make them just want rid of a bike.

Some people might win the lottery and just get rid of their old stuff and are more concerned with the bother than the money.

Perhaps I'm just daydreaming.