HELP!! My Bike Doesn't Start :(

Lincoln97

Hi i recently got a pulse adrenaline and i cannot seem to get it started up. I brought a brand new battery for it a new spark plug , emptied the tank and filled with new but it doesnt seem to turn over ive checked everything i could the choke etc but nothing

Edited by Lincoln97

Hello and welcome . You're going to have to be more specific . Describe in detail exactly what happens when you press the start button .

Guest Richzx6r

First things first, as its turning over does it smell of alot of fuel? Have you checked for a spark from the spark plug by earthing it on the engine casing and looking for the spark whilst you are trying to start the engine it's only going to be one of them two things

Guest Richzx6r

Ok so you have a probable decent spark and you have fuel getting to the cylinder, try turning the fuel tap to the off position and try and start it for about 20 seconds and do this 2 or 3 times as it could be flooding

Was the plug wet when you took it out?

Have a look at the air intake to make sure its not blocked in some way. In fact while you are there spray a bit of wd40 inside the intake while trying to start it (works like easy start but safer for engine) just to see if that helps. If it starts from doing that it could well be a fuelling issue (as [mention]Richzx6r[/mention] said, are the plugs wet? if not then it definitely sounds like a fuelling problem)

Guest Richzx6r

The plug is not wet and i dont know how to check air intake but this is the spark im getting

Yeah that looks sufficiently good enough to make it run, well it sounds like a fuel issue, the air filter will be on the other side of the carb to the engine or it may be one side possibly under a cover

Guest Richzx6r

Ok I have just had a look and the air filter is in the black plastic box to the rear on the carburetor take that out and make sure its clean and as said try some wd 40 through the carb to act as a form of easy start

Guest Richzx6r

It does but i havent touch it i brought it the way it is and birmingham

Ok far from me but not too far from [mention]fastbob[/mention]

What you could do is wind the mixture screw right in till it stops(dont force it) then wind it out 1 full turn of the screwdriver then try to start it and do this until hopefully it starts

Guest Richzx6r

Failing that maybe remove the carb float bowl and remove the jets and needle valve and clean everything up to rule out muck in the carb as if it's been sat it could be all gummed up with stale fuel and detritus

Guest Richzx6r

Might I also just suggest that you dont lose any of the bits from inside the carb and maybe take a couple of pictures after removing each piece so you have reference to where it goes should you need it for putting it all back together :thumb:

I tryed turned the fuel and air mixture screw but the screw is literally tight it wont budge and when i bought the bike these screws were half unscrewed so dont know what they touched but its this area the red gasket and the bottom of the carb was a fuel line sort of thing but it was rock solid and it snapped what is the hole ay bottom for

15873264292155108128111899604296.thumb.jpg.193309ea4650b9257898674c35bbeb10.jpg

15873264437373967733250749552994.thumb.jpg.2d2502bacbef87d74497dda3a2997360.jpg