MOT or Not?

Mawsley

Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I would piggyback off this one since the question is the same. I'm hoping @Mawsley has more info on what he eventually decided to do since there's been no activity on this since the last post. :)

My MOT is due in less than a month and I'm very undecided on if I should get the bike MOT'ed or not. Since Covid-19 kicked off, I've not had to use my bike much this year, I mainly use it for commuting to and from work but since lockdown, I'm been a home worker so rarely I go out on it during the weekdays and with the colder months upon us I don't know if I should wait it out till the warmer weather again and MOT it then or if I should just get it over and done with now. I have a driveway so I can easily SORN the bike if I go for the latter.

Is there anyone else in this forum that is facing the same dilemma as me? If so, what have/did you decide to do? Thank you.

Didn’t bother. Next door’s Dad offered me a wedge to take it away so I snapped his hand off.

As long it's not in public road you don't have to do the MOT.

You want to keep the insurance (if comprehensive) just in case but the MOT is only required if it is driven.

On insurance matter you can contact your company and have a mileage adjustment for free because of covid-19. I got just under £30 from mine ;)

I did not know there was such a thing as a refund from the insurance company due to low annual mileage. My premium was very low last year for FC so I doubt they would offer me anything. I've checked the Wicked Quotes website and there is literally no mention of it either. I could imagine that means they will not be offering any, hence the low premium. :lol:

Thanks for the info though, I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see if they offer me anything.

Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I would piggyback off this one since the question is the same. I'm hoping @Mawsley has more info on what he eventually decided to do since there's been no activity on this since the last post. :)

My MOT is due in less than a month and I'm very undecided on if I should get the bike MOT'ed or not. Since Covid-19 kicked off, I've not had to use my bike much this year, I mainly use it for commuting to and from work but since lockdown, I'm been a home worker so rarely I go out on it during the weekdays and with the colder months upon us I don't know if I should wait it out till the warmer weather again and MOT it then or if I should just get it over and done with now. I have a driveway so I can easily SORN the bike if I go for the latter.

Is there anyone else in this forum that is facing the same dilemma as me? If so, what have/did you decide to do? Thank you.

Didn’t bother. Next door’s Dad offered me a wedge to take it away so I snapped his hand off.

Haha, the wait continues then on these bikes. :)