cutting out

snowy

Either ... muck in the fuel filter ....

New plugs needed .......

Or ... regulator/rectifier --- do the lights get brighter when you twiddle the throttle a bit? If it does, chances are rect is okay ...

:D

Either ... muck in the fuel filter ....

New plugs needed .......

Or ... regulator/rectifier --- do the lights get brighter when you twiddle the throttle a bit? If it does, chances are rect is okay ...

:D

fuel ok, plugs ok, i think it is elec prob but carn,t find whats wrong.

when power goes the lot goes

Guest philgale

haev you ever ran it dry of fuel, happend to my bandit after i ran out of fuel, drags some crap through and clogs it up.....

haev you ever ran it dry of fuel, happend to my bandit after i ran out of fuel, drags some cr@p through and clogs it up.....

no never.

hope you got text about yesterday, chris hurt his foot and couldnt get boots on,hoping to be out today when he,s tryed boots on

Guest philgale

oh just take the tank off and make sure the fuel line isnt trapped on something that could starve it of fuel and cause it to cut out....

i think :lol:

Guest akey

OK its a yamaha so here is a quick guess.

If the bike only restarts once back in neutral I would suggest that its the sidestand cut out switch.

Try spraying the switch librally with gt85 or wd40, if this doesnt help then you can either get a new switch or you can remove the swtich and direct wire it, but this does remove the switch completely allowing you to put the bike into gear with the stand down.

OK its a yamaha so here is a quick guess.

If the bike only restarts once back in neutral I would suggest that its the sidestand cut out switch.

Try spraying the switch librally with gt85 or wd40, if this doesnt help then you can either get a new switch or you can remove the swtich and direct wire it, but this does remove the switch completely allowing you to put the bike into gear with the stand down.

thanks. when the stands down ingear still got lights but when the bike cuts out there is nothing.

sounds almost like a loose connection/exposed wire--as battery not drained of power--bet its one of them annoying things that will take a while to find

--sell it :wink:

just been thinking and just checked engine earh and is rusty so going to clean it and take it on a run.

sounds like where you should be strating, sidestand switch wont generaly make everthing go, just cuts the engine, I had the wires in tailpiece rot

and short, to this day cant explain why, so check all whe wires including

behind headlight :wink:

Guest nigelf

How long do you have to wait till the power comes back?

its definitely electrical cos lights go out so you need to find out where the open circuit is as some one said check in the headlamp it probably has sommat to do with the main earth or positive going open Circuit so look at the main fuse for corrosion.

I suggest open circuiot as a short will normally blow a fuse.

Nigel

Its definitely electrical and pretty dangerous I would think with it been so intermittent.

Check the fuse holders, give all the wires a bit of a waggle, something sounds loose. Have you got an alarm with an immobilizer? Check that especially the fuse holder.

Do you have a haines?

Its definitely electrical and pretty dangerous I would think with it been so intermittent.

Check the fuse holders, give all the wires a bit of a waggle, something sounds loose. Have you got an alarm with an immobilizer? Check that especially the fuse holder.

Do you have a haines?

no haines,no alarm with immobilizer. have checked all fuse's. bike's been ok few a couple of days. did clean engine earth yesterday

i had a people carrier that did exactly the same could not work it out

garage charged me £15 all they did was tighten up the battery lead, it was loose and was arking the couler of the batt terminals was an indication

garage charged me £15 all they did was tighten up the battery lead, it was loose and was arking the couler of the batt terminals was an indication

ya know could be something so simple. allways look for the hardist thing first.thanks

been fine for the past couple of days.

ya know could be something so simple. allways look for the hardist thing first.thanks

been fine for the past couple of days.

bikes going today got a guyer for it. picking dakar up later.

thanks for all the advice

rach