Cpi suv 125

Welsh rider

hi guys I seen a few post in here about the cpi suv125cc motorbike  I was wondering  if anyone has customized theres or done any mods  like the front spocket, carb, exhaust, or anything  really  

I have done a few changes to mine like the exhaust and the front spocket  I havent long had the bike they seem okay for a Chinese  bike  but cant understand  why the gearing lol 

any other  tips to make the bike faster ? 

Edited by Welsh rider
Spelling mistakes

They look like they're based on the VanVan, which also benefits from going one tooth smaller on the front cog. It lowers the gearing so that in top gear the low torque engine is spinning faster which enables it to hold higher gear for longer. It also gives slightly better acceleration.

That's not uncommon on smaller engined bikes.

9 hours ago, Welsh rider said:

Okay I thought the bigger  the spocket  more top end ??  I have odder a 17 tooth lol  the stock is 13

The maths of that forgets that a small engine doesn't have the torque for the higher gearing. Downhill with wind behind you then you would reach a higher speed but in reality many 125s can't hold top gear on the open road as wind resistance builds up.

My Van Van would accelerate in 5th to 60, then I'd go into 6th and gradually lose speed until I would have to drop back into 5th.

I went down one tooth on the front and it would hold 6th up to 68mph where it hit the limiter. But it could hold a steady 65 in 6th even on slight inclines. 

If you replace a 13 front with a 17 you'll get nowhere fast. The engine won't have enough power for the gearing.

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 27/02/2021 at 21:20, Welsh rider said:

hi guys I seen a few post in here about the cpi suv125cc motorbike  I was wondering  if anyone has customized theres or done any mods  like the front spocket, carb, exhaust, or anything  really  

I have done a few changes to mine like the exhaust and the front spocket  I havent long had the bike they seem okay for a Chinese  bike  but cant understand  why the gearing lol 

any other  tips to make the bike faster ? 

What exhaust you use trying to find on for my cpi suv ?

• 2 weeks later...