Prepping my wife for DAS

My wife has her intensive DAS course booked for November.  She has been rideing on a CBT for a couple of years.  Although she's not what you might call a "natural rider", she's competent enough on a 125 and she drives a car. I'm lucky enough to have passed mine only 3 years ago so its still fresh. We've been on a few rides together and I'm trying to get her to practice figure of 8s and swerves.  I didn't do an entensive course for my DAS.  What can she expect?  What can I do to give the best possible chance?

Well if she is doing DAS with a school, i'd assume they'll have said how they do it?
Example with mine if I remember it correctly; They allocated 12 hours tuition time. And it broke down like. 2 hours of Mod1 Practice then 1 hour close to the test (whenever was available to be booked).
Then three 3 hour slots practicing Mod 2. (More just riding out and telling you how/when/what/why of riding the motorcycle in preparation for the test.)

Then a quick hour before the Mod2 test.

It will likely vary wildly between test centres. But if she'd ridden for 2 years on CBT and drives. Should be fine.

I am in no way a natural at it, and my DAS was spread over the whole of all the lockdowns pretty much. Massive gaps of no riding and managed to pass both.
Just treat it as another lesson. And also everything is much easier on a bigger bike.

Give her the best possible chance? Don't stress. :) Let her use your bikes to get used to a larger bike if you like - not on the road as no insurance obviously 😉

• Like 1