Kawasaki BN125 eliminator juddering

Peter24

Hi everyone. 

I've got a problem with a new kawasaki eliminator I just bought. 

I test drove it and it drove perfectly and has a new 12 Mot on it so I bought it. 

Since then though I've found that while riding it started juddering a lot and feels like it's losing power then getting it back. 

The bike was left standing for 3 years I've checked the chain and it doesn't seem to be to tight but probably needs changing as all the seals will have dried out, also thinking the clutch plates might have dried out. 

The bike doesn't have a maintenance stand so could also be having all the weight on the same spot of the wheels could have done something to the bearings but I don't know, everything seems to be fine when inspecting it. 

Any wise men abke to help a clueless idiot 😂 thanks

Standing won't have deformed the bearings but I'd check the tyres as if they were low on pressure they may have deformed. You'd feel that as a speed related wobble rather than a judder.

I suspect the judder and power loss are linked. Have you given it a thorough service since buying it? And check the fuel tank and lines for any muck or water droplets.

New filters, plug, oil will give you a better starting point.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Standing won't have deformed the bearings but I'd check the tyres as if they were low on pressure they may have deformed. You'd feel that as a speed related wobble rather than a judder.

I suspect the judder and power loss are linked. Have you given it a thorough service since buying it? And check the fuel tank and lines for any muck or water droplets.

New filters, plug, oil will give you a better starting point.

Thanks for the advice

Ive not given it a full service yet, I assumed it would all be fine as it had just passed MOT, I'm new to riding so still learning a lot, I will give your suggestions a try and also check the tires and their psi. 

12 minutes ago, Peter24 said:

Thanks for the advice

Ive not given it a full service yet, I assumed it would all be fine as it had just passed MOT, I'm new to riding so still learning a lot, I will give your suggestions a try and also check the tires and their psi. 

The MOT doesn't check service items, only safety checks. The oil could be old and low but it would still pass a MOT. Anything laid up for three years needs a thorough service.

• Like 1