Any Last Tips or Advice????

Roadtorque

Sat 5 July is kick off time for our trip, 12 days round Scotland. 3 bikes my sister, my son & me, riding as an were we fancy, B&B & tent for just in case.

OK guys over to you, been told about gnats but some say only a problem in May T or F ???

I was in Scotland two weeks ago, the midges were only a problem in Glen Coe, near Inverness and Edinburgh there were none. My main tip would be to ride on the A87 from Invergarry to the Isle of Skye, the views are just stunning as long as the weather is clear!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/Voodoo1972/Tartan.jpg

I was in Skirtland one August and the wee buggers were everywhere.

Take repellent with you and use it before you venture outside each day.

And it can rain like no other place outside the tropics so pack some waterproofs and a change of gloves.

Avon Oh So Simple moisuriser.....the little buggers hate it!

We went in August, and it did nowt but rain so wasnt a problem.

Enjoy that beautiful country....and bring us pics!!

It's very green. = It's very wet!

The wee beasties will find you come what may, so repellent or take sticki's advice.

Do do the Kyle of Localsh road - again and again! Loop this either too or from Inverness via the A835 - awesome road

A82 along side of Loch Ness, not forgetting to stop off to take piccies of the 'Highlander' castle!

Again on the A82, get to the Corran ferry (5 min crossing) just south if Fort William and do the circular route on other side - reminds me of a mini swiss meadow, then up to Mallaig and back down the A830

Just a few ideas for ya!