newbie helmets gloves etc

All helmets have to pass certain safety standards, some pass them better than others. This is reflected in the price of the helmet. If HJC were no good you wouldn't be able to buy them in the shops. Its your head of course, but Nolan, Shoei, Schubert make excellent helmets, though the price is a little much if you just want to get something cheap to get you through your DAS. Gloves are best found in the bargain bins most bike shops have.

Hi mate

I bought this caberg V2 as my first helmet 2 years ago. Still got it now.

(cant add a link, wont let me! seach caberg V2 in google)

Its great cause it has low wind noise levels and it has an internal black visor so you dont need to carry the clear one as a spare when the police stop you and you can flip it down and raise it up easy as you ride along. ideal for summer evenings and the blinding sun in the winter!

Good place to get gloves from are motorbike shows. got all my git from the BMF tail end show in peterborough. Great bargains to be had on old lines. My helmet was same price as main dealers though. got a perfect condition new Frank Thomas Aqua jacket in red and black for £65.

Take it easy mate.

Hi mate

I bought this caberg V2 as my first helmet 2 years ago. Still got it now.

(cant add a link, wont let me! seach caberg V2 in google)

Its great cause it has low wind noise levels and it has an internal black visor so you dont need to carry the clear one as a spare when the police stop you and you can flip it down and raise it up easy as you ride along. ideal for summer evenings and the blinding sun in the winter!

Good place to get gloves from are motorbike shows. got all my git from the BMF tail end show in peterborough. Great bargains to be had on old lines. My helmet was same price as main dealers though. got a perfect condition new Frank Thomas Aqua jacket in red and black for £65.

Take it easy mate.

Hi mate that is a really nice lid, what colour did you go for

cheers

Hi mate that is a really nice lid, what colour did you go for

cheers

Got it in red. just changed bikes, the old one was red but the new one is blue! looking back i wish i had got a black one cause it goes with any bike !

ride safe.

Cheers mate.

Thanks mate yeah it's just to get me through my test then I will upgrade

Thanks again

If you know you will want to upgrade after you pass, why not save some cash and buy decent kit to begin with?

I went for a Shoei Raid II for £180 (10% off the £200 list price) - gets great reviews and 4* in the new SHARP safety ratings. I think this is a good balance of price vs quality.

Bit of an update got an agv s4 coming and have a auqa frank thomas jacket.

Anymore ideas on boots and gloves

Cheers

Nice jacket, got that type in red and black. Great for summer and winter use. inner lining is a bit weak though so be carefull when cleaning; i washed mine in the bath, lifted it out and with the weight of the wet material it ripped the inner shell lining! ooops !

Craig

Nice boots. Found a couple of sites with 11s mate but they are double the price !

Tried Ebay at all?

Craig

Thanks Craig tried ebay all wrong sizes will keep loooking