Completely new wiring

Guest RowanLovesCafes

Hey guys, im pretty new, and yes i have posted in the newbies section :)

I'm looking at buying my first bigger bike after my 125 and I found this really nice Suzuki, its a gt250 thats been quite heavily modded and is in cafe racer trim. the only problems are that it has no charging system so is running a total loss battery system, also it has been used for track days so is on a daytime mot and has no lights at all.

my questions are; would it be easy to change it back so it does charge the battery whilst running? i assume this functionality was removed to help performance on the track so is it likely that i would have to buy anything extra to get this working again? also how difficult would it be to put all the lights needed for a full mot back on? am i talking a bit of wiring or would it be easier to just replace the whole wiring loom?

also do you think it would be easier/cheaper to convert this bike back to a full motable functional state or to just cafe racer-ise an existing working road bike? also any suggestions which? im on a budget so obviously trition, BSA's etc arent really an option, i have seen some honda cb750's done by a guy in the US which look ok but id be restricting my bike to 33bhp for two years so would it make more sense to get a cb400? also ive heard good things about yamaha xs650???

sorry for the huge amount of noob questions, im trying to get it right first time here and not waste too much money if possible so any help to help me make the right choice would be hugely appreciated :)

thanks!