change of stator and rectifier still not charging or any front lights

muddycrox

Iv given it a try as much as i could with the lowering gaze of light. Iv tried charging the battery and holds well at 12.72v. Iv put the battery in another scoot and on a couple of cranks barely goes under 12v so can handle the load as a new battery would.

Next put the battery in the moped that has the light problem. Connect everything, start up and check wires on stator first. Yellow and white wires both read random at idle and increase voltage alongside increase on throttle. Voltage varies between 20 to 60 ac. Ground is self via engine case.

Now to check at rectifier. Yellow/white very erratic numbers but on switching MM to dc to read voltage on red (as assuming rectifier has converted ac to dc from yellow wire incoming to red wire outgoing to recharge battery), it reads only voltage from battery with no increase whatsoever.

Lastly, the voltage check on the battery with everything connected, shows no increase in voltage assuming charging is not occuring. Front lights wont light up and no lights on dash. Something has gone. Iv tried Changing 2 stators, 2 rectifiers its all the same. Only thing is the harness but continuity checks out on all wires. How do i check if wires are erroneously grounded ?

This might be something but could the stator be having an error by grounding itself as when i touch the yellow wire on the stator and put the other MM pin on the white wire on the rectifier, it is reading erratic numbers which in continuity mode does not reach zero as to show correct grounding. Could this be a problem ?

I have tried this with very little light available so will try it all again once daylight arrives. But any advice given will be utterly appreciated.

Also forgot to mention cannot find a wiring diagram for the specific moped in question. Direct bike viper 50cc.