MT 125 Dashboard Speedo not working

mattemasa

Hey guys, I hope someone can help.

I have a Yamaha Mt125 2016 and in the last week the dashboard / speedometer has gone totally bananas, fist didn't turn on, then random numbers started coming up which they wouldn't go off no even when i took the key off. then it went all blank.

Tried to disconnect the battery leave it off for a night, the day after it was working fine for 2 hours then same issues again, took the dashboard off - unplugged it and used a connector cleaner spray on it put it back on and it was fine for another couple of hours, then off again with random numbers, until the point that it started flashing regularly on and off, it works fine, speed and all the stats but it keeps flashing on off.

Attached the video of it.

Anyone knows what the hell is happening?

I was thinking to buy a new dashboard but I don't know if it is the actual dashboard that needs replacing or if it is something else?

Looked everywhere online but couldn't find anything like it.

Cant see anything attached, but the if the battery is a new one that's got a full charge then my money would be on the dash itself. If it's an older/unknown condition battery it might be worth having a charger on it when trying to start the engine.

Yam MT dash are known to have issues with water leaks. This kills the dash.