Textile waterproofs

On 15/10/2022 at 22:34, daveinlim said:

I've got Oxford hinterland jacket and trousers.

They have the usual protection you'd expect plus are laminated. I've been in some bad weather in my winter commutes and never got wet. They aren't the cheapest but are probably the cheapest laminate kit out there. I went up a size to allow space for my normal clothes to be worn underneath on the way to work. 

After having laminated kit I can't ever see myself going back to a drop liner. 

When I know the weather is going to be really bad I also wear a cheap oversuit to add another bit of waterproofing. That way the Oxford kit is definitely dry when it's time to go home at the end of the day.

Yeah I've got a lot to lean about the gore-texk heprio is it the Korean stuff the secound yeah definitely gotta learn but that will happen as things arise like this. 

Cherrs guys for all the help. 

Edited by Riley

23 hours ago, Riley said:

I wouldn't mind spending more the thing is I've looked at major brands and they either don't go up to my size which is odd as Id say I'm average build or they haven't got the stock. 

My jacket is labelled as a UK 48 chest and the trousers are 38 waist. My normal clothing sizes are 42/44 and 36 but I got them a size bigger to allow for wearing base layer and to give a bit of room for movement etc. They are really comfortable and with the liner fitted I've found that other than a long sleeved base layer shirt I don't have to wear any additional layers. With the liner out they are still warm if it is a bit chilly but also have enough ventilation to allow enough air flow through to keep cool.

We bought ours online from MSG BikeGear after visiting numerous shops and trying on different combo's etc. The missus is normally around a size 18/20 jacket in womens clothes and she got a jacket to fit, granted it's a mens jacket because she doesn't like the fitting of womens bike jackets, she says they are too tight and don't let you move easily. She also got trousers to fit even with here short legs again these are mens and she says they are comfy, so if the wife is pleased then they can't be all that bad and she didn't moan at the cost either so double bonus. Ours arrived in about 3 working days from placing and paying for them so service is pretty good also.

On 18/10/2022 at 08:57, John Metcalfe said:

My jacket is labelled as a UK 48 chest and the trousers are 38 waist. My normal clothing sizes are 42/44 and 36 but I got them a size bigger to allow for wearing base layer and to give a bit of room for movement etc. They are really comfortable and with the liner fitted I've found that other than a long sleeved base layer shirt I don't have to wear any additional layers. With the liner out they are still warm if it is a bit chilly but also have enough ventilation to allow enough air flow through to keep cool.

We bought ours online from MSG BikeGear after visiting numerous shops and trying on different combo's etc. The missus is normally around a size 18/20 jacket in womens clothes and she got a jacket to fit, granted it's a mens jacket because she doesn't like the fitting of womens bike jackets, she says they are too tight and don't let you move easily. She also got trousers to fit even with here short legs again these are mens and she says they are comfy, so if the wife is pleased then they can't be all that bad and she didn't moan at the cost either so double bonus. Ours arrived in about 3 working days from placing and paying for them so service is pretty good also.

It's definitely fit over brand/price I've found