Clarification

Riley

Hi guys so my chain needs to be adjusted my bike is an Honda CB125F 2021 model year  brought and made  2022

Thing is my manual has be down grounded so much in fact it doesn't even have a section where it tells you how to do it. 

anyway I know how to do it but my issue is torque specs I saw some guy online aka YouTube seemed he uploaded a yeah ago he say the back wheel nut is 54 nm but I've found a manual for the 2019 Cb125f that says its 88 nm I think the guy in the video got confused between the rear engine  rear axel nut which I assume axel refers to the wheel nut and he just found the first pic online let me know. 

First pics inwhich I think he is referring to as his reference 54 nm but it says rear engine mounting nuts I assume this isn't the wheel nut or is it...? 

In the 2019 manual it says in it very good and detailed manual why they messed with it god knows as they can get people hurt not telling them this stuff anyway it clearly says 88 nm

He seems to know his stuff so anyway the video is here also incase you wish to see just skip to when he get to the chain. 

Screenshot_20221024_214050.jpg

Screenshot_20221024_214133.jpg

Edited by Riley

I found a chart that has a list for the swing arm pivot at nm. 

As I'm not taking the well off is it different torque for different sides or as it is all one bolts and nut but you obviously got the head of the bold which he said was 54nm so am I correct in the thinking the real axel nut refers to the nut the other side. 

Screenshot_20221024_221605_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221024_221600_com.android.chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, Riley said:

I found a chart that has a list for the swing arm pivot at nm. 

As I'm not taking the well off is it different torque for different sides or as it is all one bolts and nut but you obviously got the head of the bold which he said was 54nm so am I correct in the thinking the real axel nut refers to the nut the other side. 

Screenshot_20221024_221605_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221024_221600_com.android.chrome.jpg

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question to be honest....but if you're asking about the torque setting for the rear wheel spindle then you hold one side static and use the torque wrench on the other side.

So usually I'd hold the nut end with a hefty ring spanner and use a torque wrench on the nut 

To be honest other than on engine internals I rarely use a torque wrench anyway. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

Hi yeah I've seen that its the 2019 manual that actually has it in says 88nm also has how to adjust it but my manuals doesn't why I dunno all pervious manuals has at least some torque specs. 

It my understanding that it very important as it how much force the fitting can take. Or is it not as important as that surely they have to make a owner aware of such stuff out of liability reason and just good safety you don't want to tight it 2 tight and for it 2 say burn up ans snap or tighten it 2 lose and it fall out if it did and they hadn't published the newton meter spec thats gotta be on them

Rang honda girl didn't know rang dealership who said that its in with the services but its not down till 12.000 miles and seeing as it has slack at 16.000 It couldn't of been looked at my 600 miles. 

This isn't a services thing is it? More a general maintenance thing like changing the oil I know thats 30nm they guy was like they wouldn't tell you that why wouldn't they. 

If I needed the engine striped Id take it 2 them I'm not going to pay £40 for an oil change which literally takes just a unscrewing a bolts new stup washer and maybe filter and o ring. 

Same goes for a bike adjustment that I might need to do every 1000 miless or so as roads aren't great and ita harsh weather. 

Next they want me to take it to a dealership just for a chain clean and lube. 

If it serious stuff you bet the dealerships it goes but some things are obviously just a money grab so we will see what they say if they ring back