Proposed ROSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders South Yorkshire Group for 2023.

Karl Hughes

Hello there,

I am a lifelong biker, riding for the past 42 years, both socially and with the Police Service. Currently use a Pan European weekdays and a 954 Fireblade on the weekend.

Just letting anyone who is interested in getting some advanced riding training in 2023 and to hopefully enjoy many social meetups and ride-outs, I am proposing to form a Proposed ROSPA Advanced Drivers and Riders South Yorkshire Group for 2023. 

All training is freely delivered by volunteer tutors and qualifications can be gained through ROSPA HQ.

The social aspect of biking will be a high priority for the Group when not training and anyone interested in helping the Group to form and grow are most welcome.

Please apply to join the Group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1587300115068603

I hope that in the interests of improving road safety for all Drivers and Riders you allow this post to be published ... many thanks - Karl Hughes.

• Like 3

Thank-you Mike and Steve for the well wishes, if we can meet the ROSPA criteria to form a Group we will and it's been a promising start with over 20 members already in the group and offers of help from ROSPA West and North Yorkshire to help us get established.

Ride and stay safe into 2023 .... and best festive wishes. 

Edited by Karl Hughes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Karl Hughes said:

Thank-you Mike and Steve for the well wishes, if we can meet the ROSPA criteria to form a Group we will and it's been a promising start with over 20 members already in the group and offers of help from ROSPA West and North Yorkshire to help us get established.

Ride and stay safe into 2023 .... and best festive wishes. 

As I recall, when the Norfolk group was founded, the trickiest bit was having enough tutors. The Suffolk group were very supportive as were the Norfolk Road Safety team, but Norfolk needed to become self-sufficient in short order. A few of us had been observers with the IAM so the initial core of tutors had a reasonable start (I was already planning to relocate to Cumbria so was utilised to do cross-checks and mock-tests). 

Edited by Steve_M
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Fiddlesticks, if you ever come back to South Yorkshire, give me a shout ...

Steve, I think you are dead right, and training tutors will be a priority, West Yorkshire Group Advanced Tutors are happy to give us a leg up, until we can become self sufficient, likewise if we don't have enough tutors to provide Group requirements then we might end up being a social club, but I am myself more than willing to become a Group Tutor and eventually Advanced Tutor so we can legally form a Group ( with a 5 person committe as well ) ..  

Stay safe guys and have a great 2023 ...