Newbie with jetting issue

bert

Hi

My handle is bert & I am a DR 600 owner, I am based in Norfolk UK & bought the DR as a fun bike.

However I have a question, my bike runs a bit rich but I not sure what jets it should have.

Does anyone have the jet sizes that they use for a mikuni 14A00 slider membrane choke 49807 it make it a useable bike and better starter that they would be able to share.

Cheers bert

Hi Goat

Good to hear from a fellow Norfolk man once I have got the bike running right we will have to meet up sometime.

I did ride it back from the mechanics shop in fakenham & I was a bit nervous about the fueling because it has a aftermarket exhaust can as well as running rich and spitting unburnt fuel out of the can so piston damage would be the worry.

I will get it sorted on a dyno and jetted right.

Old-codger thanks for the link to the carb parts & it confirms the part no,s that I need for the jetting. The bike is a 1986 su Derbel? It is in good cosmetic condition & was a conservatory item that was started every 2 weeks ( yeah right), top end rebuilt but used the old nuts on the head so not to sure about that & the de- compressor was cabled incorrectly so I had the front brake rebuilt because it was completely solid but the bike would roll & the lever travelled to the handlebars & the engine checked over.

Then I will need to deal with the creeping thottle .

Any ideas?

Hopefully this will help the starting & stop it being a bit rich & over fueling.

Cheers bert

Edited by bert
Spelling
  • Like 1