Helmet on ears bend up!!

I measured my head tried on that size it felt really tight so I ordered the next size up it feels tight but I can move the lid side to side and up and down.

The main problem is when i put it on it bends my ears over??

But in another helmet make two sizes down fits fine?

Any advice?

Thin balaclava underneath. My ears rub on the inside and it makes them very sore. Thin balaclava pins them down!! :D :D

Hope your helmet is not too lose mate. You want a tight fitting one. Safer that way. A lose fitting helmet can be dangerous!!

Guest philgale

your lid sounds like it could be too loose, if you can move it, it will be too big especially when the form thins out inside it will be even bigger....

my lid made my ears fold over but now its molded, and the inside got a little bigger its fine....

just give it time to shape itself and give a bit, it will be fine

My lid when its on i can move it quite a bit side to side best I get it changed i think.

Thanks

Got my training tomorrow looks like i will be borrowing a lid then?

Do you have to have boots?

Guest philgale

no you dont need boots, training centers generally give you lid jacket and gloves....

get the guys in the shop to fit the lid for you, i got one lid from hunts honda and the guy spent a good half hour with me and made sure i got a lid that fits....

my first lid the guy didnt give a shit.....just said "you wanna try the other size"

no you dont need boots, training centers generally give you lid jacket and gloves....

get the guys in the shop to fit the lid for you, i got one lid from hunts honda and the guy spent a good half hour with me and made sure i got a lid that fits....

my first lid the guy didnt give a poo.....just said "you wanna try the other size"

That sounds like the guy I brought my lid from just didn't care

Cheers James

Guest philgale

That sounds like the guy I brought my lid from just didn't care

Cheers James

take it back and go to somewhere who will spend the time with you, you might pay a little more but it will be worth it....

if you ever come off you want a lid that fits properly...not nearly properly

what make is it, some manufacturers only have one or 2 shell sizes so they never fit properly as they are more padded if you have a small head.

try diff makes and you will find the fit varies a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine from the local Honda dealer, he spent loads of time on checking the fitting, didn't feel ripped off or that he was pushing me towards stock he wanted to shift, steered me away from flip front lids and felt happy with his advice.

Guess you need to find somewhere with a Salesman who knows what they're doing, it's a big purchase, so you should make sure you're happy to give them your hard earned cash.

Big Mal