Question about my GPX 250

Guest Xyberlord

Hello,

I have a Kawasaki GPX 250 Sports tourer bike and i brought it about a week ago from a guy that said it needs some work...he said tis been sitting there 6-8 months and it only been started about 4 months ago its got small amount of fuel in it and oil and the battery i think is dead so if i buy a new battery and start it up ya think it will be fine? or should i drain fuel and oil and fill with new stuff to be on safe side?

Thanks

Luke

Guest philgale

hiya luke, yeah change the fuel and oil always best to be on the safe side

if you intend to stick around pop into newbies and stick a post up.....

thanks i might just do that :) and an update on the post is that i dumped out all the old fuel but i had to tip it upside down (the tank) because it wasnt coming out of the tap so i turned it up and dumod it out and i heard what sounded like rocks in there so i investigated further by trying to get them out i got something out that looks like crystalized fuel i am guessing and its full of it i got most of it out ut theres some ig chunks i cant seem to get out of the top hole....is there a way to get it out? i tried breaking it up and all...i added fuel to try and soften it up a but but nothing

oh and the colour of the crystal chunks are orangey yellow is that bad?

Thanks

Luke

sounds like rust in the tank :?

as for the tap it way work on a vacuum was there 3 pipes attached to it ?

i would also remove the carbs and clean them out and add a new fuel filter too :)

thanks guys....so if its rust that means i'm up for a new tank? ....(swears and shakes fist) lol and yeah i thought id need to clean the carberator out....thanks again for the advice.....with the info i have given you you think there is anything that i should check while i am there just in case?

Edit: na i think there was only 2...i aint much of a machanic and the lil black pipes were off it when he gave it to me....so i dunno the tank wasnt even bolted on i think because he changed th motor and didnt bolt it back yet..

actually i dont even know why i said 3 pipes!!!

there should be two one feed and one vacuum if you put a pipe on the vacuum side and suck with the tap open you should get fuel :)

*cough cough* thanks i love the taste of fuel....no really...i do XD (says it sarcastic) so anyways i tink its blocked by this yellowy orange crystal stuff what could that mean? rust like you said? its a little odd...i dont see rust bits in it tho...i can take a picture if you like?

Hey Stu and everyone sorry about the late reply on pics but been busy workin....here it is =P its all out of the tank by the way.....alot of shaking and alot of time went into fixing this XD

fuel.jpg.164b0f6fb7bd2c7cdbf70c7bc8f8a1c3.jpg

yea i got it all out..it took me 3 days lol shaking it alot and puting freash fuel in to try and desolve it....but yea...thanks for ya help guys....if i need some more i know where to come =P you guys have a good weekend

oh how do i go about chabging brake pads? can someone please tutor me? i live near brisbane if anyone wuld like to come take a look sometime :D