Back protector to fit Akito Desert Jacket

Can't find anything myself, but looking at other jackets I think that some of the KNOX back protectors will fit. Might be worth searching around for them.

Lastly can I recommend you go for a seperate one that fits under your jacket. A good KNOX one that fastens to your back will protect you better than one that fits in your jacket!! The will stay in place better, and cover more of the spine.

Swapping my Alpinestar "In Jacket" back protector with a KNOX one next month.

Good advice steve but another bit of advice. Don`t buy leathers and then get the back protector. Chances are the jacket will be a little tight with the extra thickness of the protector.

well i dont want to jinx myself but i'm only on a 125 at the minute - DAS next month so bigger bike - but probs 250 commuter thereafter. I just wanted something that i can stick in the back of the jacket for convenience.

I've no doubt the big seperate set ups are better / more protective but dare i say it a bit overkill for me **touching wood, hope i dont snap my back now**

You can break your back at a slow speed mate. You could fall off in a 0mph fall and land badly and break your back. Never can have too much protection for your spine!!

Go get yourself one. Would you rather look a bit silly thinking you are using overkill, or spend the rest of your life stuck in a wheelchair?

Oooh, look at me, getting all preachy!! :D :D

Guest philgale

power gone to your head :lol:

go separate, jackets can rise up as you slide down the road at least the back protector stays put

i got this one and can really recommend it

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/catalog/ricochet-seven-male400.jpg

oh and i bought leathers first then got back protector :lol:

go separate, jackets can rise up as you slide down the road at least the back protector stays put

Same as me Phil,however i have cut down the foam type armour out of my fabric suit to fit my leather jacket,only because the Knox is to tight under my leather.I use the knox under my Fabric jacket

hi mate.

if you give j and s clothing a call (look at the link below) they will sort you out mate.

i have been there today and brought the akito desert jacket and trousers. i asked them to fit a back protector in and they did. think it was £14.99. pretty good shop to. enjoyed the run out. pitty it wasnt on a bike.

hi mate.

if you give j and s clothing a call (look at the link below) they will sort you out mate.

i have been there today and brought the akito desert jacket and trousers. i asked them to fit a back protector in and they did. think it was £14.99. pretty good shop to. enjoyed the run out. pitty it wasnt on a bike.

Hi,

Sorry to bring up a dead thread,but what's the pants like? Are they waterproof.

Good fit?

General opinions?

I allready have the akito desert jacket,which is pretty good imo.

I'm not sure wether to go for the matching textile pants or the akito leather ones?

My jacket:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x13/fronterapics/akitojacket.jpg

Matching pants:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x13/fronterapics/akitopants.jpg

Leather pants:

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x13/fronterapics/akitoleatherpants.jpg

Thanks

Dave

Same as me Phil,however i have cut down the foam type armour out of my fabric suit to fit my leather jacket,only because the Knox is to tight under my leather.I use the knox under my Fabric jacket

Hi - mind me asking how much it was and where you go it?

Hi,

Sorry to bring up a dead thread,but what's the pants like? Are they waterproof.

Good fit?

General opinions?

I allready have the akito desert jacket,which is pretty good imo.

I'm not sure wether to go for the matching textile pants or the akito leather ones?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave, i'm in the same boat - got the jacket but also want the trousers. just waiting to get the brass together to get a pair. Once i've got them i'll feel 100% sorted with my gear (barring the back protector which i still haven't got).

I've seen them in the shop - never tried them on which i regret as i could have ordered them off the net if i had.

I think it'll look better matching but would expect the leathers give better protection / less waterproof. Me personally would prefer the waterproof aspect still knowing that the textiles give good protection - albeit not quite as good as the leathers..

I would imagine the leathers would give more waterproofing than the textiles imo!

the textile jacket has a waterproof insert.(sort of like a little body warmer that zips into the jacket when needed)

This means that the actual jacket get's absolutely soaked inside and out,but it does'nt go through the waterproof jacket inside.Which also means,the pockets are unuseable in the rain.(one of the best parts about the jacket is the pockets :? )

Now i would imagine the leathers would be much better in the rain,as there allways gonna be water proof right? being leather they should.

And it means you dont have to mess about with all these zip in linings which i really hate..

Having said this,i never bother with the two zip in linings in my jacket,and even though i've ridden through plenty of rain i haven't been soaked yet (although the outside of the jacket get's completely drenched,but has never got onto my jumper)

my main reason for wanting the textiles is they look cool,as does the jacket.But if they aren't waterproof their no good to me....

[/waffle]

hi mate.

yes the trousers are waterproof and windproof. the trousers are a good fit and very comfy.

the trousers are very much like the jacket, where you can take the liners out if you wish.

very warm, dry and comfy.

just the job.

hi mate.

yes the trousers are waterproof and windproof. the trousers are a good fit and very comfy.

the trousers are very much like the jacket, where you can take the liners out if you wish.

very warm, dry and comfy.

just the job.

Thanks for the reply matey.

Just one more question :lol: if you dont mind!

Are the trousers still water proof without the inside lining?

All these questions i'm asking,i only have to wait till tomorrow :lol: (that's if they do turn up on time!!! :twisted: )

Cheers

Dave

Hi truxx,

as far as i'm concerned the textiles will be better water proofed than leathers as leather isn't waterproof.

as for the textiles it is true that the inner lining does add to the water proof'ness but i've also seen certain sprays etc that you can use on the textile type which supposedly waterproofs the outside layer also - can't vouch for it as i've not got any yet but sure i will do.

going to get them possibly tomorrow or the weekend i think.

I have an Akito Python II and it is waterproof, the liners are for warmth - I have also coated it with a tent-type waterproofing spray, and even in determined rainfall it only let a little in (about 11/2") through a seam on each arm.

I would like some new kit and my girlfriend has offered to buy me some for my birthday, but I can't really justify the expense as the Akito jacket is still performing.

I normally use leather trousers and treat them with Urad and have never had any concerns with water leakage.

Cheers for the reply's .

Mine came yesterday,but it was at least one size too big :cry: .

(soon as i stand up they fall down :lol: )

Look the part though,and as matching textiles go they look cool 8)

Will see how it goes when they send the smaller ones out.

This is the worst thing about ordering onlie :evil: