casey stoner

Holliday675

at the motogp round at donnington i met casey after the race and he was happy to speak for about half an hour to us with his wife even though he was just about to leave, whereas rossi blanked about 7 of us after we waited outside his motorhome for about 4 hours.

just wanted to know peoples views on stoner. coz most people think he's an idiot appart from me.

I don't follow racing but I think it's great that anyone in a 'celeb' position still feels down to earth enough to speak to fans and followers.

Some are so far up themselves they have to have their names printed on the bottom their shoes.

I don't follow racing but I think it's great that anyone in a 'celeb' position still feels down to earth enough to speak to fans and followers.

Some are so far up themselves they have to have their names printed on the bottom their shoes.

:stupid:

Good on Casey!!

Anyone that can ride those bikes on the limit at those speeds has my respect.

The whole love/hate thing, is just the press twisting things, they have done it to Biaggi, Gibernau, Pedrosa, Lorenzo and even Rossi in the past. At the moment they are picking on Stoner. The press machine needs someone to be the bad guy and at the moment Casey is taking the fall.

I'm sure he's a good guy really. I am a Rossi fan but at the same time I won't turn on another rider just cause Rossi ain't winning. I think if I'm being honest there are a few who hate anyone Un-Rossi. Errr People what are you going to do when he retires?

Huge respect for Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Dovi, Rossi, Stoner and Hayden cause he's a tryer and a nice guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Im not to keen on Mr Stoner.

But vale is as arrogant too.

A few years ago i had my CBR600 painted in special colours, it was the Mugello flower rep, and to my amazment VR knew about this. I know a guy whos wife works for Dorna, so she had arranged to have him sign it.

I waited outside the exhibition centre at the day of champs for him as advised, but because other people were there too, he just drove through me and them, nearly sending my bike to the floor :evil: Not happy :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nastro azzurro

Don't hear things like this said of toner uaually.... if he does it more often then am sure he will in time be more popular than he is ATM.....

Rossi, Howver, I will not comment as i think the guy is a god so i will be seen as Bias....... :lol:

cant knock the guy, he is an exceptional rider.... noone can argue with that.

Nice to see he has time for people.

Rossi may have had his race head on as each of the riders prepare in a different way.

• 2 weeks later...

Stoner is a difficult rider to assess.

He seems to have only one speed, 'balls out', which is either hero or zero. Sadly neither are very entertaining. He either wins by 5 seconds or throws it into the scenery.

I guess he has had a bit of a sheltered upbringing, only ever knowing race paddocks. Hopefully he will do less grumbling as he grows up a bit.

But I have to give him repect in the way he is able to ride that 'evil' desmo. Especially when Melandri (a great rider) looks like a noob on it!

Good luck to him!

the duke isnt that evil...the reason he won so clearly last season and looked so good at the beginning of this is that th bike is the easiest to go fast on.

Its scary quick in a straight line and the electronics were way ahead. he could nail it out of each corner ....doesnt make it entertaining though...

Rossi has well and truly kicked his ass the last 4 races though ;)