CMX250 C - 1997

Hello.

I am new to the forum but understand this is where there are several "fonts of all knowledge" who use the site regularly 😀.  I have bought a little project CMX250C 1997. It started and ran idle fine but died when I used the throttle. Presuming a sticky float I thought I would remove and clean. All seams fine but when I put it back on and turn the fuel on full it just leaks from the overflow (plus the centre of the csrb as I tried it on the bench) . It seems this may be an aftermarket carb so do not want to order a kit as it maybe wrong ! Would anyone know if they agree this is aftermarket? If replacing this single csrb for a twin set up would be worth it? Where I can get a like for like replacement? I have tried ebay and part finder with no luck. Surely this must be a common part? Thank you . Tom

20230603_131250.jpg

20230603_131335.jpg

20230603_131325.jpg

20230603_131315.jpg

Looking on the CMNL website it does look very much like the original carb. Have a look here although this is the canada spec from that year they all had the single carb on this engine. Honda CMX250C REBEL 1997 (V) CANADA CARBURETOR - buy CARBURETOR spares online (cmsnl.com) 

Looks like the carb needs a complete clean and service kit gaskets and new float valve as the rubber tip is probably rock hard and has a ridge in it so it wont seal.