Road legal - Leo Vince exhaust

Jenn

Hey All! 

Back to bikes and TMBF after 10/12 year break. 

Just fitted a Leo Vince Corsa exhaust to my Ninja and it is hella loud (not gonna lie, I love it), but it turns heads and some of them look mad 🤣

I believe legal limit is 74db for exhausts (boring). There is nothing on the Leo Vince website to say that it’s not road legal (unless you’re in California and I’m definitely not) and I can’t really find anything online but I just thought I’d check with you knowledgeable bunch!

Basically a straight pipe with some attempt at muffling the sound 🤣 IMG_1876.thumb.jpeg.d6aa01b4533844af6c7ffbbdd9c130d3.jpeg

Thanks Rennie, yeah I thought it would say it somewhere as I was purchasing it or with the product but it doesn’t. I’m assuming it’s fine, just don’t fancy getting in to trouble for it 🙈😂 so thought I’d get some advice.

Thanks! 

DBkiller.thumb.png.bf326d502646af517f112bb14833c9b8.png

Just popped on to the bay of E and found this.

If you have the reference number for your pipe you should be able to turn it down a little if you wish.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Ian

• Thanks 1

@fullscreenaging @Ian Frog @rennie yep, it’s definitely NOT road legal 🤦🏼‍♀️

Probably naive but didn’t realise that ‘Homologation: Not ECE approved’ meant (in lay terms) not road legal… you live an learn I guess! 

Gonna see if I can find a baffle to fit to see if that helps at all. If not I’ll see if I can find a road legal one I like.

thanks for all the help! 

• Like 1

A lot of biosecurity the cat left on are not too loud. But it really depends how friendly your MOT tester is.

If it's significantly louder than stock, they can fail it.

• Thanks 1

On 10/06/2023 at 08:54, bud said:

A lot of biosecurity the cat left on are not too loud. But it really depends how friendly your MOT tester is.

If it's significantly louder than stock, they can fail it.

Cheers bud, got 9 months before that need to happen. See if I get stopped before then!

• Like 1