2019 Honda NC750X

Mr G

I am having to sell my bike due to health reasons ..anyway the bike hasnt been used for around 18months it’s been garaged and has a constant charge on the battery.

my issue is it has no mot but sure it would pass done only 1000 miles .

I would like to get it up and running so I can get an MOT..so I can sell it.

I don’t want to just start it up and ruin it what do I need to do before I start it.

like oil change, oil filter and fuel change.

that I could do is there anything else I should do, baring in mind I’m  not that technical.

any help would be appreciated.

If you can, take out the plugs and turn the starter over a few times. This'll 'prime' the oilways before you start the engine. Eighteen month old / 1,000mile oil won't make any difference for just a short run to make sure it runs okay. You're going to have to warm the engine anyway to make sure the oil drains properly if you're going to change it yourself.

Ref getting it an MOT. You can legally ride to your nearest MOT station for a pre arranged appointment without a current MOT, however I'm assuming it's not insured for the road either. It therefore sounds like you've got three options.

1. Find a m/c garage that'll both pick the bike up, do a basic filters & fluids service (with any special attention necessary due to the old petrol), MOT it and return it to you.

2. Arrange a day or weeks worth of Insurance and ride it there.

3. Hire a van or m/c trailer.

I'm also assuming that because of the low mileage / otherwise almost new condition of the bike you're not intending on selling it as bargain for someone. Given that, I think a recommissioning receipt from a know garage would go a long way to getting a better price.

Edited by Capt Sisko

Agree with capt.

thought the worst thing that ull have to get rid of first before you start the bike is drain the fuel out as it will have "gone off" and absorb water in the air.

they are just half a jazz engine tuned low so they aint stress and designed to be left for ages while old biddies have multiple hip ops at a time.

Edited by RideWithStyles