Frank thomas venom jacket.

Got this in January 2023 at J&S in leeds. Was on discount which sweetened the deal on a already less expensive than other brands jacket.

tried on the other brands-

RST was very good and was the main one i was going for but the collar especially the back was so high (you need a giraffe neck) it would catch and move the helmet, the arms / sleeves were abit too short and maybe too tight. Plus some other small details compared to the FT was lacking but not enough to not buy if it fitted better.

so this jacket, leather is thick and well stitched. Enough perforations and stretch panels to make comfortable for spring, summer and autumn.

the inside- inside left zipped pocket deep enough for a good sized phone. A velcro flap pocket on both left and right side is big enough got for money/cards/ med sized phone/flip, spare ear plugs etc better than the RST offering.

the thermal layer is a vest only but I find that best for a two/pushing mild 3season jacket. The best touch is that it has the same pockets as the jacket so you can still stow the same amount if it fitted. with the rst you have no pockets and they would be hidden under the thermal...why rst?

the only negatives i have found is thats its very stiff and slightly dry (from the process coatings) from the off so i spent a bit of time treating it to nikwax leather restorer which works really well, couple of goes with that as it's perfect.

the zips are abit small for big hand with gloves so i put on some zip loops on to make it easy access, but thats like £5 for 20 of the things from internet.

the jacket didn't come with a back protector so to be honest i found that a bonus as you can find the one thats fits you better without paying twice. the jacket was so cheap i could of spent upgrading the armour with 3do superior specs than the rsts offering while still being way cheaper!

helpful peeps at J&S suggested at first forcefield but i know from previous that it might not be for me, as expected i found the forcefield too hard and thick with the edges just dug in the spine so a new 3DO back protector was perfect.
the shoulders and the elbows there own brand, not bad but i had a 3do from a previous pair that were a little thinner and fitted perfectly into the pocket but the shoulders pockets a little different shaped and size so ive left the std FTs in for that. 

the last thing is if the wrists had a little bit of elastication at the edges, its not flared partially but that would have just been a nice touch.

overall im very happy with this jacket and has become my favourite.

Edited by RideWithStyles