Honda CB125F 2021 model - taking front cowl/front headlamp off. Please help!

jchriss

Go to solution Solved by RideWithStyles,

Hello,

I am new here so if this has already been posted then my apologies. Also if this is not the section for motorcycle maintenance then please accept my apologies, as well (wow nóg even starter and aldehyd apologising;)).

I am doing some repair on my Honda CB125F 2021 model and cannot seem to be able to take the front cowl off (the one that contains the front led light and the two side shrouds). I have taken 4no. screws out (2 in the bottom and 2 from the back of the front cowl but cannot seem to be able to take it off. I looked on line and on YouTube but there seems to be nothing for this model (2021). I even searched through the manual;D also trying to figure out from “honda bike parts” but I am none the wiser.

If anyone has any ideas or can direct me to a link/video/step by step process then would be greatly appreciated, as I am tearing my hair out as we speak (not much left now).

Your help is appreciated in advance.

jchriss

• Solution

Im not familiar With this newer model as i/we have a earlier model but they are generally put together fairly similar, bare with us.

Pics help.

anyway with honda design they layer and over lapping them and have popper fitments too to hold them together.

So you may have to take off a-lot more off the bike just to get a simple part.

you might have to take the side panels off first (each side of tank but just below), most likely will be 6 bolts and at least one but could be two poppers holding each the side on.
The bare minimum will One on top to the cock pit, one down the other side but lower down, one in the middle closer to the engine, one down the back behind the middle calf plastic part under the seat, plus the poppers.

remember they do have a habit of hiding bolts behind a different panel next to it(laying), so that will need loosening or removing before hand.

Then the clocks, will have to come out so you can get to the bolts holding the front screen and surrounding..then the light unit and have ultra flexible baby hands help.

yep its a pain in the arse.

Edited by RideWithStyles

Get some t handle allen keys and a stack of old towels. You get quick at taking bodywork off.

As has been said the panels may be connected to other panels (do they go behind) or there could be barbs that secure onto rubber cups.

Hook your eyes around the panels, get the dickbeaters in up behind and cop a feel. You'll find where the fasteners are and what's connected to what

Don't snap anything, if in doubt - stop, make a cup of tea and have a good look and a think.

Been there and suffered it so your not alone and certainly wont be the last. just dont be tempted to demmel it.

think if i was a jap designer that wanted to stop an normal European person "gorilla" taking this off and made sure the dealer tech could earn some money from "it takes time" while thinking of mental torture techniques....where would i hide them?

Thank you all. This was all a very good advice and the “make a cuppa” worked a treat😜 otherwise I was at some point considering smashing it all to pieces🙈 anyways the idea with the “popper fixings” made me think and I started to have a bit of a further feel around the front panels with my hands trying to wriggle in various directions and finally I think that something popped and it was a bit easier from there. But yeah the panel stayed on without any screws and it was clipped into place when I was putting it back on (to allow the screws to be properly fitted afterwards - so obviously a good idea from Honda). Anyways, much thanks for all your advice as in combination they helped massive amount.

also, will know for next time that I can attach pictures to this forum - as I said - a newbie🙈😜

• Thanks 1