Small but useful things.

Capt Sisko

1 hour ago, Gerontious said:

what is cheaper than completely free and gift wrapped.

My little tool kit. thanks mum. largely pointless but thank you anyway.

Screenshot2023-10-10at20_57_05.thumb.png.f7a854192420cbab697bcb23ce567906.png

I've got one of those Wera sets. They're over one hundred quid nowadays, so hardly the modestly priced I was advocating, but they are absolutely bloody brilliant.

If my mum bought me a wera toolkit I'd be over the moon, wera gear is nice. I've had a great time abusing their screwdrivers over the past 12 years, no flatheads left but my phillips, torx and allen ones are all spot on.

My underseat toolkit is a mix of cheap soy sauce brand crap and random old tools I had a few of all wrapped in a chunk of an old canvas bag and tied up with a chunk of an old leather belt I had in the scrap bin. The usual - sockets/ ratchet 8-13, extension, mole grips, needly nozzers, allen keys, phillips screwdriver (thanks phillip), fuses, wire, bailing wire, zip ties, rohypnol, electrical tape.

Plus my aforementioned tyre repair supplies. In 7-8 years I've only needed tools at the roadside maybe 4 times total. Invaluable having them when you do

I think that's the thing about bike toolkits - it might be all nice to buy a nice little oxford pouch full of crap you'll never use. But you're best off having one you put together that has just what you need.

Even better if the sack is cobbled out of stuff the missus told you that you were never going to use.