Sunderland

Guest dogpatch

Is there anyone who would like to have a ride out some time, i dont do MAD speeds though but i dont regard myself as slow though. never riden out with someone, but would love too can you pm me if you want to cheers,

not sure mate, im up for anything im free most evenings, and as for weekends im free usally from 130pm if my wife lets me out to play lol. if you know of any good places to visit or any good roads let me know. When is everyone free? lets try and set a date and time and then put some ideas forword as where to go. I found a road near pontelaland that goes to Morpeth that was a good road i was working in the van at the time so i dont know what its like for bikeing but it looked good. :D

hiya, youre both not too far from me... where would you guys be thinking of? theres the wetlands meet on a wed and sunday evening and as Ian says, its easy to persuade us to go to Minchellas or maybe Seahouses for chips? Hartside for lunch, or Helmsley/ Thirsk for coffee and bacon sarnies? Lord Stones has a meet near ChopGate on a Tuesday evening? Scaling Dam near Whitby on a Wednesday evening?

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichelin/ ... image2.y=0

where it is

http://www.transportcafe.co.uk/hartsidetop.html the cafe

http://www.visitcumbria.com/pen/hartside.htm the roads leading up to it (nice!)

weekends are manic especially if its warm, though you can expect anything up there. Better to try an afternoon ride, catch a cuppa and head back to the Lion for the meet there?

I usually go via Crook then Frosterley and up past the Lion at St john Chapel (oh they have a bike meet on a wednesday evening too) on the a689. Alternatively you can ride the A686 from say Hexham and enjoy a good ride on some great roads.

You never been? the roads up are awesome.. going over the top to Penrith is a bit more tricky but worth it to drop down into Ulswater but the nice sweeping bends on our side are great and challenging enough even when staying inside the speed limit but Ive been overtaken going up there, though I cringe as theres been a few bike fatalities along the route.

Theres a few different ways to go from here.. depends on how difficult you like your roads to be honest, some of the routes are easier than others

Was thinking of taking a ride up there, been too long since I was up that way, the bridge was out the other week when we tried to come back that way

Keep us posted

Ally

Anyone mind if we set a date a couple of weeks down the line to give me a change to get my bike sorted. Hows about either the 20th or 21st of September, if we wanted to do a weekday rather than a weekend would be best to do a Thursday afternoon for me (The joys of work) but with enough notice could get a Wednesday off.

If you haven't ridden in a group before please just ride as if you are in traffic which happens to be bikes. Ie. they're all idiots!

If you ride as an aware individual you will do fine.

If there are a few of you explain the route in advance and then ride to a 'mirrors' system so that if someone drops off the back it is soon noticed and the pack can wait until they catch up or go and find them if necessary.

where did allyou lot come from ? last time i looked there was no one from oop north ! you had to choose the 21st didnt you its they day after my birthday and also the day after i come back from two weeks away lol iam fromthe west end of newcastle and always looking for some one to ride with , hart side is a canny ride for any one who has never been , the roads can be a little dauntting for a new ish rider but as they say , you only have to go as fast as your right makes you lol

Guest Ninja-Bear
I've been to South Shields lots of times for ice cream 8-)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q81/Hodgy_2006/BikesatSouthShields2.jpg

Hi Hodgy sir,how the hell are ya fella ??? 8-)

Guest Ninja-Bear

I used to live in Chester-le-Street, now Yarm, so know the routes etc. Would fancy this is weather allows, I'm no nutter either, although I can be rapid when needed...LOL. A bimble up to Hartside sounds grand. I'll watch for where I could hook up with you lot on the way. 8-)