Sunderland

Guest dogpatch

Now we need a route to take and a meeting place - Any ideas allym316??

easiest way, meet at Crook market place carpark n follow the main road through St Johns Chapel?

Anyone coming from Gateshead could meet at Washington services south bound, then down the a1 to Durham and pick up the a167 to Crook? Anyone NOT wanting to use the motorway, there used to be a Truck stop at Birtley, we could meet there and follow the a167 all the way through chesterlestreet to Crook?

The alternative roads are less suitable for a group ride imho and these roads have some nice fast sweeping bends as opposed to tight bends on steep slopes and narrow roads. Those are great, but much more difficult to manage a group on.

If youve not done any group riding, then is Hartside really the best place to go to on a weekend??? Its the busiest time up there, my vote would be hartside on an evening and if St johns chapel is on then thats open a bit longer for coffee/ bbq to warm up after the ride up there.

Any good?

So is there a definate date set for this yet?

I'm in newcastle (east),but could meet up wherever.

I've heard a lot about hartside but never actually been there,should be fun.

Everytime i go for a ride out i either end up in whitley bay or seahouses,which gets a little boring after a while!

Although,theres a burger van at st mary's lighthouse which does a perfect cuppa (and with bikers discount :D )

Sorry,just noticed the other thread :lol:

So is there a definate date set for this yet?

I'm in newcastle (east),but could meet up wherever.

I've heard a lot about hartside but never actually been there,should be fun.

Everytime i go for a ride out i either end up in whitley bay or seahouses,which gets a little boring after a while!

Although,theres a burger van at st mary's lighthouse which does a perfect cuppa (and with bikers discount :D )

Sorry,just noticed the other thread :lol:

Ive never got discount at that burger van.My pal did spill a full jug of milk and didnt get charged :lol:

The back roads to Bolam is a good but short run.Past the police HQ.If you want a longer ride head on the Jedburgh road turn off to Stamfordham,Cholerford,Bellingham back on the Keilder road up to the 68 which has been resurfaced in places(v smooth)

Seahouses is a great run up the coast.

Hartside is 10 times better.Especially coming back up the hill from Melmerby(?).Keep looking in ya mirrors,i thought i was motoring till an R1 appeared out of nowhere flew past and was slamming it ear to ear through the bends.

Ive never got discount at that burger van.My pal did spill a full jug of milk and didnt get charged :lol:

The back roads to Bolam is a good but short run.Past the police HQ.If you want a longer ride head on the Jedburgh road turn off to Stamfordham,Cholerford,Bellingham back on the Keilder road up to the 68 which has been resurfaced in places(v smooth)

Seahouses is a great run up the coast.

Hartside is 10 times better.Especially coming back up the hill from Melmerby(?).Keep looking in ya mirrors,i thought i was motoring till an R1 appeared out of nowhere flew past and was slamming it ear to ear through the bends.

You have to ask :lol: and it's mainly the old scottish bloke that does it..

Dont be shy with him,he's a biker aswell and pretty decent bloke imo.

The problem with riding north is i'm from alnwick,so riding round that area isn't as much fun since i'm used to doing it :cry: .

I've completely bored myself of seahouses now,although i like to stop of at craster for a cig,nice place that :lol:

Anyone up for a meet up sooner,just for a ride locally and maybe a cuppa somewhere?

I'm heading out today if anyone wants to meet up?

Infact,i think i'll head up to this hartside place (if i can find it)

Anyone????

Quite a nice ride out that is :D

Awesome roads and scenery,and some of them corners can be taken at 120 :shock: was great fun.

Bit boring having to go along the a69 though.

I hit my reserve on the way there and had to do 15 miles on the reserve :oops: luckily imade it to hexham in time :lol: ...

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x13/fronterapics/DSC00322800x600.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x13/fronterapics/DSC00321800x600.jpg

Should be a good ride out if theres a few of us going :P

did you go down the other side?Its much more twisty.

Ive never seen that car park as empty

Didn't get a chance to go that way as it was starting to rain and i forgot my waterproofs :oops: .

But i'll definately be going there again :D

Their was only one other bike there,some sort of cruiser thingy :lol: so no real bikers at all :? gonna get some grief for saying that :)

good ya found it ok then, sorry I missed ya post, would have been tempted to join you today. Theres quite a few ways to go up there, the ride through Crook and Stanhope is quite nice too, though not as challenging as going via the a69. You gotta watch out for the pheasants along that route theyre a bit suicidal and sometimes dont even shift with the double air horns blasting at them

good ya found it ok then, sorry I missed ya post, would have been tempted to join you today. Theres quite a few ways to go up there, the ride through Crook and Stanhope is quite nice too, though not as challenging as going via the a69. You gotta watch out for the pheasants along that route theyre a bit suicidal and sometimes dont even shift with the double air horns blasting at them

Maybe next time :D

I didn't expect anyone to be coming at such short notice,but i was hoping :lol:

I nearly come off because of them pheasants :lol: grabbing too much brake when the little fhuckers wouldn't shift :P

I'm really useless with directions,so i tend to use the simplest possible route when going anywhere :D

easiest way, meet at Crook market place carpark n follow the main road through St Johns Chapel?

Anyone coming from Gateshead could meet at Washington services south bound, then down the a1 to Durham and pick up the a167 to Crook? Anyone NOT wanting to use the motorway, there used to be a Truck stop at Birtley, we could meet there and follow the a167 all the way through chesterlestreet to Crook?

That sounds good to me - Are you coming allym316???? if not do we have anyone else that coming that knows this route???

That sounds good to me - Are you coming allym316???? if not do we have anyone else that coming that knows this route???

Id be happy to go during the week, its a bit too looney for me on a weekend up there :oops: Is that any good?

• 2 weeks later...