Snapped Key

Guest ZeroX

Hi, my key has snapped for my bike yesterday (The day I was going to get a new one cut too =[). I went to 3 locksmiths today in search that they can get the remains and make a new key, the first one hadn't got a blank for my key and had to wait 3 days to get one in, now the thing is I need a key by tomorrow around 2 o'clock ish, I was wondering if anyone knows a locksmith around the Wolverhampton area that would be able to do it, or if anyone knows the number of an emergency locksmith that is reletively cheap (I mean artound £30 for callout and a key made) that will be very helpful, thanks.

£30 for a callout :shock: - Sorry but I really dont think anyone will come out for that. I charge £100 as a joiner in emergencies.

I take it the key is snapped outside the barrel, if so most places should be able to cut a key. Have you tried the shoe repair places?

Yeah the one place can't get a blank by tommorow, and the other 2 places have tried but failed, I think its because I took my seat in so they found a key that fits the seat but when I took it home it didn't fit the ignition, so I'm going to try taking the ignition in tomorrow morning see if that helps.

the seat lock only has a few tumlers in it which the first part of the key will fit a if you have half the key a good locksmith can make the first part from the seat barrel and the rest from the other half key

but that still leaves you with the stuck key in the ignition

Yeah, I got the key out the seat fine and the key is in a locksmith, he used the wrong blank so it doesnt fit my ignition which is probably why it didnt work with my seat even though it was a perfect cut, anyway I've got the ignition lock off and im taking it in early in the morning then ill have to hope for the best.

Woop got a new key just in time, but the smiths I went to make a key for the ignition had to make a seperate one for the seat too, but because he only had those 2 locks he couldnt make one for the fuel tank because the lock werent there, so I gotta ride the bike there tommorow and take off the tank outside the shop XD