A2 to A upgrade - what’s required

Hey all,

hope you are all good.

I have held my A2 license for 8 years and ride every day and have finally decided it’s time i upgrade to the A license.

I am thinking of having a few hours to trim and adjust to the bigger bike prior to mod 1 test (taking the test in the afternoon) then the next day doing the same with Mod 2.

my main question is I have moved multiple times in those 8 years and have lost both CBT and A2 pass certificates. I ofcourse have my plastic license stating I have held A2 license for 8 years. Will I need to obtain these other certificates to undertake the test? Would my license be sufficient? If so where can I get these (the test centre has since closed)?

thanks all

:)

No you do not need those other certs. your license (higher grade than a basic cbt) is the proof that you passed to ride on the road what grade you are on now.

just the need to go with a riding school to learn to ride a bigger big but more important to retrain on how to pass because not doubt you would have picked up a few habits / forgotten stuff...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackholesun said:

The system is a bit mental how you've been riding possibly the same bike you do the A licence on but restricted yet you now have to pay god knows how much to do mod 1&2 again!

It's certainly a lot of testing.

Imagine being 16. Wanting to ride. You'd get your CBT and pick up a 50cc scooter. Not happy with the L plates, you could take a theory, MOD1 and MOD2 to get your AM license.

You get to 17 and want to upgrade. Another MOD1 and MOD2 - now you have an A1 and can ride ac125cc.

At 19, do it all over again for an A2 licence.

And again at 21 for the full A.

I make that ten separate tests!

• Haha 1