Gilera DNA starter motor

Daisy

Hi everyone. I've recently bought a 2004 50cc Gilera DNA.

I've been told the starter motor needs changing. I've bought a replacement, taken the engine cover off. Now what? 

This is my first bike, I haven't ridden it yet and feel like I've failed on the first job! This is way out of my skill range. Give me beading or paper crafts and I'm happy!!

One 'friend' said the back wheel needs to come off, another said the center stand off. 

Any advice is welcome! 

43f embarking on a mid-life crisis!

IMG_20240417_122408132~3.jpg

• Like 2

Erm ... Welcome and Good luck...

"In order to replace the starter motor of the Gilera DNA 50, it is necessary to completely disassemble the engine block, removing it from its housing by unscrewing the screws that fix it to its supports. Once the engine has been removed, the starter motor can be located in its upper part. The starter motor can be removed from its housing by unscrewing the fixing screws and disconnecting the connectors. In this way, the old starter motor can be removed from its seat so that the new one can be inserted. After installation, the engine must also be reinstalled".

https://www.scegliauto.com/en/video/gilera/moto_tutorial/70327/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hi welcome. You are going to have to find a local bike shop or similar to help you with that. YouTube is good for looking at the basics, ideas of what is needed to be done etc. should be plenty on there for that bike l would have thought. Good luck 😄