Winter (waterproof) boots

Anyone had any experience with the Sidi "On road gore" boots, I think they were formerly called "extreme". They look pretty good in that they do not have zips (velcro) fasteners, good protection, quite high so my waterproofs won`t ride up over the top of them, good protection to lower leg and basically a good name in boots.

Gonna look out at the BMF as I`m sick of having to hang my boots over the heaters to dry them out

sidiboots.jpg.c3fe51350ece6f13e1cf7302b9254ef4.jpg

Dunno about Sidi, but I can defo vouch for OXTAR TCS Goretex. I got a pair at the NEC last year and they have never let me down always dry feet and a good level of protection as well with the TCS system.

They do squeek, but this is solved with either WD40 or GT85.

http://www.pghmotorcycles.com/SHOP/SportGTX.jpg

Dunno about Sidi, but I can defo vouch for OXTAR TCS Goretex. I got a pair at the NEC last year and they have never let me down always dry feet and a good level of protection as well with the TCS system.

They do squeek, but this is solved with either WD40 or GT85.

http://www.pghmotorcycles.com/SHOP/SportGTX.jpg

I actually have none waterproof Oxtars, and been caught in rain a few times..... Never had we feet yet.

Can't get em to stop squeeking though!! :D :D Will give WD40 a try I think.

Sorry, not tried em but I do have a pair of these....

http://www.blipkit.com/Daytona-Bandit-XCR.htm

See the after sales blurb... a pair for life basically!

Im up to about 40k on mine in 3 years and have walked miles in em as well - pretty unusual to find a bike boot thats as comfy as that from the second I tried em on. Cool in summer and warm in winter, I just couldnt stand any more wet feet after my first alpinestars leaked twice leaving me wearing carrier bags on me feet over a 10 day tour of soggy Norfolk, so I took em back to the shop and got a refund and bought the daytonas,

Mine are looking a bit scuffed now, well not suprising really and Im thinking of sending em back for a refurb ready for winter.... if it ever stops raining!

Posted it before, but my choice is Alt-Berg. Wear nearly everyday all day for work or off duty, been touring in them in torrential rain (weeks at a time) and NEVER had wet feet in five years.

Excellent aftersale service too, with re-soling available.

They have walking boot soles and are comfy for all day wear off the bike (In fact sometimes get worn under jeans if it's raining!)

Not a fashion item, they just work

I'm looking into the same thing, a decent pair of waterproof boots for the winter. I've looked on a few sites and have noticed that Alpinestars do a few waterproof models. Does anyone have any experience with either the SMX 4 waterproof or SMX R Goretex boots?

I also found the A-stars SMX 4 and R boots were the only boot that i could get me foot in to without needing a shoehorn! All others i had a really tough time just getting my heel into... not something i could be doing with when i get the impulse to go out and ride.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I have these.

The cuff at the top is fine if you've clothing between your skin and the cuff, however I've found they're not so comfortable without.

http://www.speciousphotodesign.com/linked_images/tmbf/tcxoxtar_redcuff.jpg

This is the only fault I can find with them, they're a substantial boot and are comfortable. I've been out in the rain in them all day long and have nice dry feet at the end of it.

I you'd like me to go out later and stand in a puddle right up to my middle with them on, I'll happily oblige.

Don`t do that boot, I`ll take your word for it. I`ve got mine on order, I hope to get the shop price down to the e-bay price of £159.99 as opposed to £189.99 rrp. I presume you wear your trousers inside the boot, so why are they uncomfortable around the top????

• 2 weeks later...

No, I wear IXS Lancer Evo kegs, didn't seem to fasten well with them on the indside, so wear them on the outside - stops the rain getting in too. Weekdays is jeans under the bike trousers, so that's ok, but weekends it's a knee lenght sock affair.

I paid £180 at J&S for mine, they were the last pair, but they wouldn't knock anything off.

I have issues with boots rubbing my ankle bones and becoming very painful. I beleive you can get gel pads and all sorts of things for this, but not had any issues with these boots regarding that - which was a welcome surprise!

Cheers boot for that info. My local dealer is getting some in at the end of this month. Must have had a run on them because of the article in ride. Si it`s wet feet until then.

No experience with the Sidis, but I've got a race-boot that's gore-tex too...

...VERY waterproof. Guaranteed to be waterproof too!

Alpinestars SMX-R GTX

Give them a go.

• 3 weeks later...

Opted for these in the end. Feel a bit bad as I had ordered the ones from another shop, but they were delayed in getting them in stock. Very comfy and tested on the pudsey run. Waterproof.

HGRAILYEGTXIIBOOTSBLACK3.jpg.5cf7fad3c73308cc71c2d18a811d987d.jpg