Ace Cafe Reunion - Reunion!!

Hi all. The meeting and ride down to Brighton last Sunday was excellent and it has been mentioned by almost everyone that we should do something like that again.

So, use this thread for ideas of dates and places to meet/go.

I suggest meeting up at Bury Hill cafe then going for a ride somewhere from there. Bury Hill caff is located just north of Arundel. Quite handy and central for nearly everyone, not far for those from Portsmouth and ideal for the people in mid-Sussex and over my way in Brighton.

There are loads of excellent biking roads around to go and one or two people mentioned some good routes within easy reach of the place.

So, how about a date or two and we can see who can make it and decide where to go afterwards on the day between us.

Another suggestion is to meet up at Pease Pottage again and go somewhere from there. Another is to meet up and go to Box Hill to Rykers cafe.

Anyhow, these are just my suggestions, anyone else agree/disagree or have any ideas just post here and see what everyone thinks.

There are enough of us down here to make it a regular thing if people want to do that kind of thing.

Let us know what you think.....

(The roundabout in the centre of the map is where the cafe is)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=arundel&ie=UTF8&ll=50.887225,-0.571976&spn=0.064867,0.181618&z=13

Paul,

Sounds good to me, anyone else from Haywards Heath area can meet here and ride over together if unsure of directions.. Sunday am usually better for me, though sat could be ok.

Yes, Ace would be a bit of fun..

Cheers all, Paul.

(675 Paul that is)

I'll keep an eye on this thread (maybe you can ask for it to be made a sticky) and see if I can make it.

I have before arranged to meet with a couple of people from this forum and a few of my friends. We met in Midhurst (on the A272) at a pub in the outskirts, had some food and a drink. People came from Portsmouth/Southampton area (and further) and we came from Brighton etc area. Then rode to Bury Hill together for cup of tea and then went home. It was August or Sept last year. I like doing things like that. viewtopic.php?t=4066

I don't ride dual carriageways for fun on the bike, only if I have to do distance or there's no good alternative. I don't like the idea of meeting at Bury and going for a 'blast' if I don't know the people. It all depends if it's going to be a 'ride-out with the lads' kind of thing, I do not do those kind of group ride-outs, don't enjoy that. If the aim is to be sociable and meet new people and we all go out together at a pace that suits everyone than I would be interested. Hence why I say what I say in my first line. Sorry if this sounds negative not meant to be just cautious.

Other alternative meeting places not too far from Brighton are the Chalet at Cowfold (near the A272).

Count me in. I'm around at weekends but not during the week. I prefer Saturdays as I head back to London on a Sunday evening and things can get a little rushed.

On Sunday the group managed to separate before we'd even left the car park! I think it might be wise to split into sub groups of 3 - 5 riders where one person knows the route and is responsible for keeping an eye on the others. Would that work?

On Sunday the group managed to separate before we'd even left the car park! I think it might be wise to split into sub groups of 3 - 5 riders where one person knows the route and is responsible for keeping an eye on the others. Would that work?

I didn't realise you were at Pease Pottage, did I actually meet you? I can't remember. :oops: I know I met your friend Anne-Marie was it? She said you went home 'cause you weren't feeling too grand.

The route to the Ace is quite boring to be honest. Here it is but we would be doing it the other way.

ROUTE

From Ace, west along A406 North Circular Road

to Hanger Lane, then A40 west to M25, south bound

to M23, to Brighton and A23 to seafront road Madeira Drive

As you can see it would be up the M23 to the M25 then around the busiest part of there, the A40 then A406. Nightmare stuff!!!!! I would be up for it though if enough want to go.

'Wow' sums things up quite well saying about riding and meeting up for something to eat and drink. If anyone wants to go for a blast afterwards then that would be no problem. The new riders among us would benefit from something like that too.

The chalet 'Wow' mentions sounds good for a meeting place too. Also we could consider meeting up at Portsdown Hill overlooking Portsmouth. The view from there is just great and the famous mega burger are something to behold!

Anyway. This is a starting point as I say and hopefully we can get people out riding and meeting up which is the aim of this thread.

As for actually riding out I tend to ride nice and easy as Ducati's are pretty expensive to repaint if I bin it!

I could actually put the pillion seat back on the back of the bike for Harry if he wanted to come along too but I have not had anyone on the back yet so that would be interesting!

So, how about some dates for the first meet. I suggest somewhere easy first like Bury Hill. Anyone like to throw a date or two in?

Also we could consider meeting up at Portsdown Hill overlooking Portsmouth. The view from there is just great and the famous mega burger are something to behold!

Also, that's where the doggers meet sometimes, so it would be like a meal and a show. :lol:

As for dates, I don't mind. I have a season ticket to Portsmouth FC, so if there's a home game on then it's a no go from me. :)

Also, that's where the doggers meet sometimes

Hooray!!!!!!!!!

I have a season ticket to Portsmouth FC

I go and watch Liverpool away quite a lot so will be at the game, I think on Feb 7th. (actually one of my favourite away games, atmosphere is excellent there. Noise from the word go right until the end of the game.) Should meet up for a pint afterwards.

Also we could consider meeting up at Portsdown Hill overlooking Portsmouth. The view from there is just great and the famous mega burger are something to behold!

Also, that's where the doggers meet sometimes, so it would be like a meal and a show. :lol:

I'll bring me camera ;)

Do people dog on bikes..?? :shock:

Seems like some here are relatively recent riders so steady is better, for me, i have a licence to keep clean as ive managed to for 22yrs so no problem going at easy pace...

Re the Ace we can avoid motorway and join A40 into town for 406 bit. Be more interesting than M25 which i spend too much time on anyway.

I can't do 27/28 sept or 11/12 Oct. So Sat 4th?

675 Paul.

Would be Awsome to see you lot at the ace :)

i would come down to see you all again but not for a while :P im still recovering from last time hehe

Jin x

u big girls blouse................well yea that is true :lol: cmon i did 5 hours on a ped :?[/quote

So? Peds are comfy!

i would come down to see you all again but not for a while :P im still recovering from last time hehe

Jin x

u big girls blouse................well yea that is true :lol: cmon i did 5 hours on a ped :?

5 hrs on a ped so thats what 45 miles lol

Jin x

u big girls blouse................well yea that is true :lol: cmon i did 5 hours on a ped :?[/quote

So? Peds are comfy!

no they arent my legs were killing at one stage i had my legs crossed on the seat cause they aked.

Jin x

u big girls blouse................well yea that is true :lol: cmon i did 5 hours on a ped :?

5 hrs on a ped so thats what 45 miles lol

actually brighton-bath all the way across the country