Thoughts on the season anyone?

Korben

Well not the most thrilling race today although watching Rossi was good.....

Have to say though this is my first season watching this and it has been brilliant.....

I think most people would agree that Laguna Saca was the highlight of the season.

">

And the lowpoint has be JT falling on the first corner of Donnington.

After this season though I can't wait for next season, I have seen why so many people worship Rossi and it has helped me decide that my next bike will probably now be a Repsol Fireblade!! :roll: :D

Korbs, you can't be that much of a Rossi fan, he rides a Yamaha not a Honda :lol: :lol:

It sickens me to my very soul!!!!! :D :D :D

Seriously though he has a talent that is something else in my eyes.... The best thing is I can't actually point at what it is he does to put himself above everyone else.....

I guess when you are that good at something it all just looks natural.

Plus his character is just fantastic.... A proper showman without being too big headed.

he is definatly a bit special on a bike. Hardly ever looks out of control or on the ragged edge. So smooth and fluid, even when he's pushing.

What this season has also shown is that Pedrosa is not a racer. He can be fast, but pressure him and pass him and won't come back.

So when do you go for the R1 Korbs, you know it makes sense :lol:

Quite ejoyed this season, and I agree about Laguna. Brilliant race!!

As arrogant as Stoner appears, I quite like him.

Rossi, definate character always makes me chuckle.

Jorge Lorenzo i like also.

And pleased with Toseland debut to the GP, shame he couldn't have done a little bit better but good result all the same.

Now Dovitsioso (or however you spell it) is one to watch I reckon.

Must admit I love the R1. Would love to have one someday..... It will always have a Honda sat next to it in the garage though...

The Repsol Fireblade is just the must stunning looking bike to me (Apart from todays one off paint job which just seemed bland). Seeing them on TV caught my eye, but when I saw one for the first time (Birdy's) I knew I had to have one!!

http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xx/2008/MotoGP/MAL/non/234408_Dani+Pedrosa+in+action+in+Sepang-1280x960-oct18.jpg._original.jpg

She will be mine!! Oh yes, she will be mine!!

Like I say though, today's was not too great in my eyes. The Escuderia Repsol livery.

http://resources.motogp.com/files/images/xx/2008/MotoGP/VAL/non/235969_Dani+Pedrosa+with+Escuderia+Repsol+livery+for+Valencia+finale-1280x960-oct26.jpg._original.jpg

Nice, but nothing on the orange..

Quite ejoyed this season, and I agree about Laguna. Brilliant race!!

As arrogant as Stoner appears, I quite like him.

Rossi, definate character always makes me chuckle.

Jorge Lorenzo i like also.

And pleased with Toseland debut to the GP, shame he couldn't have done a little bit better but good result all the same.

Now Dovitsioso (or however you spell it) is one to watch I reckon.

He seems confident though that he has built a solid foundation for next year. He knows his weaknesses and what needs to be improved. If he has the bike under him next year he could be in the top 5 I reckon.

He had a great season and came back well after his own disapointment at letting his fans down at Donnington.

The best thing about this season was laguna in the big class unfortunatly the lower classes have seen far superior racing!

Rossi did his homework and brought home the title and see's himself as a yamaha man now he has won more gp's on the yam!

Next year is gonna be a little odd and at the moment anything could happen with the 1 tyre rule, Dovi will beat pedders and JT really needs to up his game to stay in the class!

25o's look dead with only 16 bikes confirmed but who knows if i'll get to see the lower classes now eurosport has finished!

Bring on wsbk :wink:

Dorna really needs to get it sorted!

Tomorrow is going to be interesting if they release the correct lap times.

I want to see Hayden's time on the Ducati and how every one gets on with the control tyre, expecting times to be quite a bit slower (almost 250)

25o's look dead with only 16 bikes confirmed but who knows if i'll get to see the lower classes now eurosport has finished!

Do you not watch the lower classes on BBCi mate? channel 301 or 302 for those of you with standard freeview.

Always show the 125's and 250's before the big class comes on BBC2. Have enjoyed getting into my first season of MotoGP but was a bit dissapointed towards the end since there was not a lot to play for after Rossi finished it all so early on. I'm hoping next season is gonna be much closer with all the switches taking place and the single tyre rule will surely make it interesting too.

PS. Quite liked the look of the livery on Gibernau's bike!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nastro azzurro

In the Big class...... Laguna was THE race of the year for me........ 8-)

Other highlight was Scott Redding winning the British GP...... 125's.

And some good showings from Bradley too.... 8-)

Jt had some goos flashes but does need to improve next year. No excuse now he has ridden all the tracks.

Rossi....... Well, What can you say..... The man is a God. 8-)