SHARP Ratings

Yeah, I know some of us don't trust, believe, or care about them, but they have been testing more...

Got this e-mail today.

Thanks for your patience, rest assured we have been working flat out testing helmets over the summer and are pleased to publish new SHARP ratings today for AGV, Buell, Bell, Caberg, Duchinni, KBC, Lazer, Marushin, ROOF, Schuberth and Viper branded helmets.

These are available at the SHARP website: http://www.direct.gov.uk/sharp

It is our aim to test every helmet available in the UK. If we haven't yet tested a full face helmet you are interested in, please email us at: [email protected] and let us know. We'll do our best to make it a priority. We are anticipating releasing further ratings over the coming few weeks and will be at this years International Motorcycle and Scooter Show at the NEC, Birmingham, so make sure you pay us a visit on Stand 2G05.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Best regards,

The SHARP Team

Dammit guys, you all know which are safe lids and which arent. A cheapo lid from korea or similar with an alleged gazillion on the sharp test aint ever gonna be as good as an arai,shoei,agv,bell insert quality lid as required!

The end.

End of the day, its your head.

Dammit guys, you all know which are safe lids and which arent. A cheapo lid from korea or similar with an alleged gazillion on the sharp test aint ever gonna be as good as an arai,shoei,agv,bell insert quality lid as required!

The end.

End of the day, its your head.

Chill mate, I said it was "interesting", I didn't say "oh that's brilliant that Marushin rates a 5, I'm off out to buy one of them instead of an Arai" :wink:

A Renault Megane and a Range Rover both have 5 star NCAP ratings. I know which one i'd rather have a smash in...................therefore i'll be sticking with my Arai thanks

Do you know that the ncap ratings are calculated from points for each safety item, ie impact protection, airbags........etc etc

a car gets 3 points for a seatbelt reminder buzzer!

and another 3 if it has a buzzer for rear seat passengers.....

ever wondered how the rover 213 got ncap1....it had a buzzer!

how the honda civic got ncap5......it had 2 buzzers.

Theres your accurate and so very very serious government testing at its best......

Rolla

Guest philgale

must admit i dont trust these.....im sure the lid manufacturers spend a fortune on testing, hence why the better lids cost more...

i bet the 5 star rating lids got 2 starts for being cheap :roll: whats safe about that???????