Bike to bike radios

The girlfriend is after some and is dropping big hints for Christmas so I've started to have a look about. The starcom and autocom ones seem to be the most popular so I guess it's fairly safe to assume they're pretty good. However, given that I'm out of the country quite a lot, she would like ones that can easily be shared with other people she rides with and I think these 2 systems need to be fitted. My question is, for those of you with experience of these, how easy are they to fit/remove? Also, when fitting, how do they attach to the bike? I'm not to keen on having to drill holes in my bike to attach anything.

Thanks for that mate :) I'm pretty certain I'm going to go for one of these systems. I'm just wondering how easy they are to remove so she can lend them to her mates while I'm away. If it's going to be a pain in the arse I may have to look at an alternative solution. I did think about the Scala Q2 bluetooth jobby but I have seen mixed reviews.

I think I'm probably leaning in the direction of the starcom system and that seems to be the preferred option here. I must confess to being put off the autocom one a little by their website which states: New for 2006! :shock:

the auto/starcomm are good but the fixtures of the helmet pieces are relatively permant i think * mike is a sticky tab*

but the actual unit is a plug in out jobby so if they got the headsets in theirs the unit as long as its got the relevant cables for power etc its a case of unplug /plug in

i use a motosonic bluetoth headset which you can pair with another unir for pillion but am also looking to add a mildlands 445 ( i think it was ) bluetooth enabled pmr ( walkietalkie ) to keep the no wires situation

bluetooth will only do a short distance bike to bike ( about 10-15 metres i think )

If you just want bike to bike,, forget star & autocom,, All you need are the radios, the head & mike set + the ppt,,,

star & autocom are for adding other things like mp3 & mobile phones.

Have a look at this, & see what you think,

http://www.intaride.com/index.html

I have got the wintec A80 fitted to my & my sisters bike & they work well,,, & no you don't ride chattering your head of, but it's good to be able to pass the odd comment when required.

Any questions P,M me :D

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

Its really does depend on what you want to use the kits for.

See here for more detail viewtopic.php?f=32&t=17465

Hope this helps you all make the right choices.

Cardo scala rider Q2 bike to bike will do 100m + at m/way speed.

Just got home from work and the set I ordered from Intaride was sitting her waiting for me. I've had a quick play and they seem to be pretty good. Not having fitted them I don't know what they will be like but after Christmas once they are in place I'll post a quick review and opinion...but it's certainly a chepaer option than the Autom/Starcom ones if you're not bothered about being able to connect MP3s, SatNavs etc.

fella, once you have given them a good test can you pm me the results or a mini write up so I can add to the stickied intercom thread, or even better post a review up yourself in the same thread.

Guest philgale

i got an autocom one after getting it at the NEC bike show, tested it in the house and its brilliant.

all you need is another mic and speakers in another helmet then just plug the rest in that you already have...ideal if you got a few different lids

my bro also has a autocom system and hes got no complaints, says he was sat at 130mph in germany and chatting to his girlfriend on the back was no problem

i got an autocom one after getting it at the NEC bike show, tested it in the house and its brilliant.

all you need is another mic and speakers in another helmet then just plug the rest in that you already have...ideal if you got a few different lids

my bro also has a autocom system and hes got no complaints, says he was sat at 130mph in germany and chatting to his girlfriend on the back was no problem

i think THAT is the problem with them :lol: :lol: :lol: