Caberg Anti-Fog Visor

Guest Horness

I'm finding my visor mists up a bit too much for my liking on these cold mornings (and evenings!).

Has anyone got a Caberg Justissimo GT and purchased one of these? - http://www.sounddistribution.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=105

Is it the same as supplied with the helmet - or is it different, and more importantly... does it work?

As always, help and advice appreciated. ;)

Horness

personally not have an issue with this i keep the visor open a bit or even the top vent ......looks like a direct replacement poosibly pinlock or fogcity may be more beneficial....

I got the same visor in my V2R horness mate. I just fitted a hyperoptic wotsit. I found the anti fog visor is better than a standard visor but not 100% effective, especially if you sit at lights or something in the rain. This meant having to open the visor which in turn lets rain in on the inside of the visor. So I've fitted a hyperoptic fogcity thingy cos I don't intend opening my visor in the rain.....hth :)

Twas very easy. Like everything preperation is the key cos you only really get one chance at it..

Seems pretty good, not really had any real bright sunlight (remember them days....sigh....) but it makes a nice difference cutting down the glare of oncoming traffic at night. Was a side effect which was a nice surprise. (it says so on the packet but I don't believe what ANYONE says... ) V2R has got an internal sun visor anyway, ain't yours??

I've heard about these things for ages but always thought it was a bit.. naff. Then I saw a picture of Nick Sanders in action. Gaffa tape across the top of his lid to stop the rain getting in, condensation all around the insert, but not on it. Probably an advert I saw, but worked for me. Must say, personally, I'm impressed with it.

Thanks -DTM-

My Caberg has the "fighter pilot" insert :lol: which will be great in the summer (I hope) and helps when the sun is low. My biggest problem is the fogging, which is worse with the inner visor down.

I also need to find something to stop the rain building up on the outside at this time of year. (other than winding on the throttle a bit more :twisted: )

Horness

My stock visor (old C/J not GT) seems to have rainbow film in light at a cert angle. I think it must be the antifog one. I does steam a bit. And at night there is some glare, compared to my openface HJC. Keeping open helps but it is annoying, I agree.

I want to try a double-glazing type remedy like pinlock - the spays/fairy will all produce glare.

2 AchamaenianPride - are those anti fog shields self adhesive?