PhatDads motorbike problems

PhatDad

Hi,

After spending ages taking the bike apart at the weekend just to change the rear tail light I go to warm the bike up this morning and all it seems to want to do is click loads with an odd grinding noise. What do you think the problem is?

It's a Suzuki Marauder 125cc by the way.

Edited by PhatDad

I'm not sure, but my experience of clicking when turning the key is down to starter motor problems.

Depending on type of starter motor I have stripped them down and cleaned the spindle so the bendix can move freely and locate properly.

But I'm sure soemone with more pertintent suggestions will pop in soon.

It's a repeated click. Luckily a biker was up at the local automotive centre and said it was the battery, but obviously, as it's me, I have to wait till wednesday now to get hold of a new one.

THe strange thing though is that as I was riding home from Uni today at a reasonable speed it suddenly started to labour/kangaroo (Not sure how to explain it) and then cut out on me. I managed to bump start it again but before I managed that there was no noise at all from the ignition. If the battery is completely dead can that cause the bike to do that. It was like it was out of fuel, which it isn't.

Argghhh I thought this was going to be fun but all I'm doing is learning about my bikes problems. :crybaby:

Yep, it's as flat as a pancake. I don't have a charger so I'm going to have to try and cope without the bike for a couple of days till the battery arrives. :crybaby:

It's not fair, all I want to do is ride it and I've spent more time sorting the bugger out.

I might rename this thread as 'Phatdads motorbike problems' instead of creating a new thread each time I have a problem. :P

I might rename this thread as 'Phatdads motorbike problems' instead of creating a new thread each time I have a problem. :P

Welcome to the World of Motorcyling... it's got its ups and its downs... :shock:

They take quite a bit of TLC, but once you get it sorted and keep it sorted, The rewards are worth it!!

I'm just wondering, if I post this message whether I get access to the garage section? Lets see shall we...

no :lol: :lol:

the garage is offline until further notice

i have recently upgraded the forum and awaiting a new version of the garage to be released :)

Well I've only gone and fixed the problem. The new battery arrived today, fitted it in seconds, and the bike started lovely, rode lovely, sounded as lovely as a 125cc can sound. And then I had to go and pick the kids up from school so not ridden it for long. :( :crybaby:

Well I was wrong. It's not sorted. It seemed to be fine earlier but I've just gone out and it's done the same thing.

It would appear that whenever I have to use something with electricity such as indicator or lights, brake etc the bike chuggs then loses power and i have to try and bump start it. However if the indicators or lights are on it's really difficult to bump start and I hav eto turn everything off before I can get it started again.

It's a brand new battery only a few hours old. It started fine, I nipped to the bank and then it wouldn't start.

I've had enough of it. I've owned it just over a week and I can't recall having gone anywhere on it. Had I bought it from somewhere local and not off ebay it would be going back.

Does anyone know why the battery is either going really flat, really quickly (which I doubt it is) or why some electrical error is causing this?