PhatDads motorbike problems

PhatDad

I've felt rotten all week so decided to take the motorbike to the local garage this morning with spare battery and new rectifier/regulator.

I've just been to pick it up and it's sorted without the need of replacing the regulator already on the bike. The corroded cables within the connection block were causing the problem so they were easily and simply replaced with a new zinc connector.

So I'm happy that I managed to get it sorted, but sort of miffed that I spent money on a new regulator when I didn't have to.

Not sure what to do now. I can either keep hold of it, knowing full well that while I have it I won't need it and everything else will fall apart before this will, or I can flog it on ebay and then need it a few weeks down the line knowing my luck.